14;; Putty & slime

Começar do início

"But you've been working so hard," Riki counters, placing his cup beside his plate, "But your right, it doesn't matter – we still have up until summer break so it's no Biggy," he smiles and fiddles with his waffles before taking another bite.

"I don't see how I've made much progress, but I guess since you're seeing it it's working," Jake said, chuckling uneasily. Riki frowning slightly, smile crumpling at the sides.

"Hey," Riki pouts and brushes the crumbs off his hands and onto the empty plate. Jake thought he was going to make a joke about how he had no faith in him or something along those lines, "You should have more confidence in yourself – you know this isn't going to work unless you want it to work. You said it yourself, except it was to Keiju not you,"

"I guess your right or I'm right then," The two chuckle aimlessly, the tension in the air slowly fading out under their mindless chatter.

"Well, you'd better be right because by the end of this month you'll be dating Minsong," Riki smiles, the older male picking up his plate and walking over to the kitchen.

He stood up and picked up the empty plater, glancing behind him before entering the kitchen. When he turned his attention back in front of him, he gasped aloud, gently colliding with Jake. His eyes immediately flew to blushed fingers, swallowing hard when he inevitably met the olders gaze.

There was a certain colour in Jake's eyes, Riki tried not to think much about it since they had just bumped into each other, only looking at his eyes for a split second but it must just be his imagination. He was probably a bit under the weather because of the cancelled date.

What else could it be?

"You are right, waffles are much better than pancakes," Jake mutters out with a soft chuckle, Riki drying his hands on the towel before walking back over to the older male.

"Mm, they're the same to me but whatever floats your boat," He nudges gently at Jake who brushes off his tase as he usually does.

"You're really weird," The older retorts, never failing to bring a smile to Riki's lips. He playfully punches his shoulder, but the silly smile coating his lips refrained Jake from feeling guilty,

"Yeah," Riki rolls his eyes, his sarcastic tone obvious to Jake, "because you're not weird," He watches as Jake lets out the sweetest chortle, cocking an eyebrow at the younger who hadn't realised that he had taken a step closer.

"Really?" Jake asked, amused, "I don't really see it."

Riki wants so badly to laugh but he refrains and shrugs his shoulders, "Do you have that thing where your memory just sees to exist when you go to sleep?"

"Says you,"

"Y-you knows," Riki chuckles uneasily when Jake takes another step closer to him, tilting his head to the side as he looks into his eyes, "If you give me back my personal space then maybe you won't be so weird anymore," he squeaks.

"What if I don't want to give it back?" Jake smiles to himself, the question not what Riki expected.

It was quite strange how this became the norm after the new task of matching the matchmaker – the book almost forcing them to do so. He started to see Jake bloom into a new version of himself, still the same but different. He had the biggest heart and now he had the confidence to put those to use.

They had always hugged, bumped into one another and told each other everything as best friends do but somehow, it was different now. Maybe it was because of how long he would have to stay over now after the incident or maybe it was because he so desperately needed his affection in his time of need – or maybe it was something completely different.