The shouting proceeded with much more volume, much too loud for Jotaro to bear.

“SHUT THE HELL UP! YOU IDIOTS ARE SO ANNOYING!”

Jotaro's voice boomed, echoing throughout the car, sending a shiver down your spine. Silence immediately replaced the noise, filling the car with awkward tension.

Pulling his cap down, Jotaro came up with a plan. “We'll take her to the border with us, then we'll get her on a plane back to Hong Kong.”

Slowly nodding, the plan put out on the table was agreeable to you. 

~~~~~~~~~~

“I mean, I'm a girl, and that means soon I'll be wearing a bra and doing my nails for the boys.  I’d look pathetic wandering around the world when I’m that age. This is the only chance I have right now!” 

Your brain was zoning out as you tried to listen to Anne ramble on about her unavoidable fate of growing up.

“But YOU, miss Jackie!”

Your mind snaps back into reality.

“Huh? Me?”

“I want to be just like you! You're a girl, yet you're traveling the world with these guys!”

Her eyes sparkled with adoration for you. You couldn't find it in your heart to break hers.

“Aww, thanks, kid! Traveling the world has been fun so far, though it's not the reason why we're here. Your adventure doesn't have to stop when you're older- you can still do it! It's just a matter of timing! Plus, your family–”

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The sound of a honking car interrupted your little speech. Turning around, the same red car from earlier was ever closer, tailgating your car to the point they could give you a fender bender.

 “It’s the car we passed earlier.”  Jotaro remarks, “They appear to be in a hurry.”

“Let them pass Polnareff.” Joseph said.

Putting his arm out the window, Polnareff signals the car behind him to pass in front.

Speeding past the group, it swiftly took its place in front. However, it took its sweet time on the road, acting the same way as the first time.

Dust and dirt clouded the windows and windshield, leaving the group coughing.

“What are they trying to do?” a puzzled Polnareff asked, “I let you pass, so hurry up and go.” 

“I think they're mad at what you did to them earlier,” you suggested, “I think he's the type to hold a grudge.”

Leaning forward, Jotaro grabbed Polnareff's attention. “Hey, did you see the driver's face?”

“No, the windows were covered with dust. It was impossible to see anything inside.”.

“So you couldn't either?”

“Be careful, Polnareff,” Joseph warned. “this smells like trouble.”

Just then, the window of the driver rolled down, and out came a burly arm, signaling Polnareff to drive ahead of him.