Chapter 5: Vaults & Robes

Start from the beginning

Hagrid grinned at the sighed and proudly said: "Harry, Lucy: welcome to Diagon Alley."

~*~

Harry's POV:

Diagon Alley was AMAZING to say the least: wizards and witches ran all over the place into shops with the most extraordinary names.

I noticed after some time that I wasn't the only one who couldn't believe what was in front of us: Lucy gaped at every single person, building and object that crossed her view.

When Hagrid started walking, I had to run after him to keep up and I suddenly felt lucky for all the running from Dudley both me and Lucy had done in our lifes: when I looked behind me in realization that I left Lucy behind, she was right behind me.

"So what's on the list?" Lucy asked me curiously.

I looked at the list and read: "the books, a cauldron, robes, dragon hide gloves, ingredients-"

"Dragon hide?" Lucy asked perplexed. "Those really exist?"

Hagrid turned to us. "'Course they do! Hippogriffs, I didn' realise you knew nothin'!"

Lucy and I exchanged a glance and followed Hagrid into the biggest building on Diagon Alley and I couldn't help but gasp when I saw a very strange creature.

"Hagrid... what is that thing?" Lucy whisper- ed and unconsiously voicing my thoughts.

I gripped Lucy's hand and tried to keep her close and surprisingly, she didn't push me away for once.

"They're goblins," Hagrid muttered back. "Keepers o' Gringotts, the wizarding bank. Don' mess with 'em, they're nasty creatures. Part o' the reason why Gringotts' the best protected place in England, 'cept Hogwarts o' course..."

We headed to the reception where a 'goblin' sat. Hagrid started the talk, saying we needed to go to our vault and handing the key and weirdly saying something about going to another one.

Meanwhile, it seemed Lucy was too busy looking around the place. However, I listened in closely.

"And er... we also need to go to vault you-know-which to get the you-know-what. Hogwarts business y'see..." and Hagrid shoved a letter into the goblin's hand, careful not to let me see it properly.

What was Hagrid talking about?

"Why do they call everything you-know-sonething here?" Lucy whispered in my ear.

We'd hear a few of the people at the pub say something about 'You-Know-Who'. I chuckeled.

The receptionist called in another goblin called Griphook, who led us to a dark hall, with weird rails with carts on them. The goblin opened one of the carts and motioned us to follow suit and we got a ride to the first vault.

Hagrid seemed sick when we arrived, so he just handed the goblin the key and said nothing. I personally thought the ride was amazing and looking at Lucy, she shared my opinion.

When the vault was opened, both me and Lucy gasped and stared: the vault was totally filled with nothing but gold, it seemed.

"Is this all-"

"Ours?!" Lucy finished for me, still in awe.

"Yeah... it sure is a LOT." Hagrid exclaimed and he sighed.

"We won' take all now, yeh still need a lot the upcoming 7 years."

After we'd gathered some gold with Hagrid explaining how they worked, we went to the next vault, which was a lot more extremely (great vocabulary, I know) guarded than the first.

"Woah Hagrid, what's in here?" Lucy asked curiously and I looked at him too.

"Can't tell y'two, Hogwarts business. Top secret."

We expected something very big, but instead, found only a very small wrapped box.

After we left Gringotts, we went shopping: books, quills, parchment, ink and all that stuff could be found at Flourish & Blotts; potions ingredients and equipment (cauldron and some special gloves really) we bought as well and then we went to a shop called 'Madam Malkin's Robes for all occasions'.

"If you two go in there ter buy enough robes for yeh, I've gotta go do somethin'." With that, Hagrid left us to go inside.

Luckily, a nice lady came to help us immediately.

"Hogwarts for you both?" She asked.

"Actually, I'm only here with my brother," Lucy responded. "He is going to Hogwarts though."

I nodded, feeling slightly stupid that Lucy was the one talking, even though I was the elder one.

"I see, first time I'm guessing?" The lady asked, while magically summoning some stuff she needed.

She started measuring a lot of sizes and when she was done with this, motioned us to follow her.

We went to the back of the shop, where she sat me on a stool and summoned another for Lucy.

Next to us, another boy, about the same age as me, was being pinned to fit robes, which the lady who helped me started doing as well.

"Hogwarts too?" Asked the boy in an un- interested way.

"Yes," I answered. The boy didn't seem to listen.

"Both of you?" Lucy replied with a simple "nope, I'm too young."

"Father is buying my books and stuff right now, Mother's looking at wands," the boy said, looking at Lucy and me curiously. "What house d'you think you'll be in?"

Lucy and I exchanged confused looks. Houses?

"I'd turn around and go back home immediately if I'd get Hufflepuf," the boy continued, not waiting for any answer. "I know I'll be in Slytherin though, it's where my entire family comes from."

What was he talking about?

"I still think kids that didn't even know about magic shouldn't be allowed to go to Hogwarts," the boy said coldly. "Where're your parents by the way?"

"They're dead," I answered, looking at Lucy's reaction closely.

"Oh sorry," the boy said, not sounding very sincere.

"You're done, mr. Potter," the lady who helped us said.

I was very glad to escape the boy and I could tell Lucy was too. We payed for a few pairs and left to find Hagrid outside with three ice creams and... an owl.

"This is yer birthday present from me," Hagrid said, giving the owl to me.

"Hagrid, you really didn't have to."
"Nonsense, it's notthing. Besides, those Dursleys probably didn' give you many either. I don' like rats and I think I'm allergic teh cats, so yeh get an owl."

_____________________________________________

A/N:

So this one's bigger then the former ones. Hope you liked it!

Comment, like, vote etc.

Love you all!