43

Hello! So it's no secret that I'm doing Multiverse of Madness, but that's gonna be for the third book.

The rest of this book will be focused on Hazel, developing her powers/identity and relationships. If you guys aren't interested in that, I'll be announcing when the third book's released, so you can just follow me for updates! That's all! Ty!

The prince stomped to the left wing's garden as she frantically trailed behind him. He ignored her calls as he let out red beams of light into the air in order to release himself from all the emotional turmoil. She quickened up her pace as he approached a few walls of bushes that were about 15 feet tall.

"Heskit, please! Talk to me!" She sprinted and grabbed his arm, but he roughly whipped it away. His skin was flushed and his eyes were dark. He was heavily breathing and a clenched jaw— she has never seen him like this, before. It's like he's a different person.

"Why did you do that, Hazel?! Why were you fraternizing with him?!" He interrogated and turned away from her. "You heard them threaten my family,"

"Look: you need to be smart about these things!" She turned him back around and ran her fingers through her hair. "These people are sly, you can't let them get the best of you! This time, your head needs to take control!,"

"I can't help it if I care. I don't know if you know how it feels to actually care about people, to stay by someone's side when it gets hard, but I'm not the type to back down like a coward,"

"I wasn't being a coward, I was being practical." She denied with a head shake. She sighed audibly and shifted a little. "Just...don't fight me on this one, okay?,"

"It seems like I was in the wrong, anyways." He turned his back once again. He clicked his tongue disappointedly. "And to think I was beginning to see you as one of my best friends."

Her lips pulled down at this. Her stomach dropped as she struggled to find the correct way to approach the situation. After a few moments of quiet, she scoffed.

"Come on, that's way too much. You just need to cool down, alright?" She grabbed his arm, but he once again pulled away from her. She dropped her expression. "Heskit,"

"Leave me alone, Hazel! I don't need another impediment to my day." He coldly snapped.

He could hear her shoes hit the grass as she came closer. His skin crawled, getting impatient. A red light grew on his hands and he looked to her. He had his hands on a defensive position.

"Get out, Hazel!,"

"What, now you're gonna hit me? Is that who you are?" She taunted and attempted to hold his wrist.

Her grip sent a shock to him, which caused the red beam to shoot right on her cheek. A sizzling sound followed after she came flying. A scorching and stinging feeling overtook her entire face. His eyes glinted with regret as his jaw dropped on the floor. He urgently jogged to her.

"Hazel!" He squatted down, his stomach turning at the sight. She nursed herself and put a hand on her cheek. There were golden lights that began to decorate her skin. He eyed them curiously before tending to her.

"Don't touch me!" She seethed and pushed him away.

She inhaled sharply and chuckled dryly— none of this is worth it. She stood up, wobbly, and kept her hand on her skin.

"This marks the end of our lessons." She gave a genuflect and drew a portal.

He placed her hands down after getting in front of her, demeanor shifting from a fuming one to an anxious one.