41

⚠️🧙‍♂️PLEASE READ AND COMMENT! 🧙‍♂️⚠️

Should I upload the rest of the story? Or should I do it weekly?

The Apprentice II is finished, which means the next step is MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS (she won't be in NWH).

During NWH, she'll have a few adventures (working more on what she'll discover about herself).

Should I upload the rest of the story, end the book, then start on the new one (including the NWH time period thing), APPRENTICE III but there'll be a gap with no uploads, or should I continue uploading weekly so it's more consistent?

⚠️🧙‍♂️PLEASE READ AND COMMENT⚠️🧙‍♂️

Today marks their 9th day of training. Heskit's progress has been skyrocketing since the incident, as it made sure that he had no shortage of emotions. He was still a little rusty, but would definitely win against a mystic or newly trained sorcerer. She noticed he was better at emotional-based healing spells, while she showed signs of being better at offensive-illusion ones.
On the other hand, the fact that they haven't started on real spells made her teeth grind. Heskit kept insisting on letting her "live out the teachings"— to practice instead of theorize, which was really just him telling her to open up more. According to the the prince, mastering one's relationship with the self is key. After doing this, the rest of the skills and spells would follow.

There was a heaviness to her gait as she approached the prince's door and knocked. She has just come from 11 hours of straight errands, training, and her daily duties at the monastery, and she's pretty sure it shows. She knocked again, no answer. The guard encouraged her to enter his room. She hesitated a bit, but ended up clicking the lock, anyways.

She walked in to find him slumped down on a miniature, wooden pirate ship. He was sound asleep, limbs sprawled out of the boat that was clearly too small, and a pirate hat that was tilted on his head. She covered her mouth to stop herself from laughing. She took a picture and quickly hid her phone back in her pocket. She let herself snort and his eyes burst open.

"Hazel!" He jolted up on his feet like he was caught stealing the world's most expensive jewel. She let out a silent laugh, she was barely even audible. She took a gulp of air and cackled loudly this time. Blood rushed to his cheeks. "I loved pirates, when I was younger,"

"I can see that." She snorted again and gestured to the boat, then to him. "Old habits die hard, I guess,"

"I don't sleep on it regularly, it was a unique set of circumstances! I fell asleep." He defended and placed his hands on his hips. She showed him her palms and smiled cheekily.

"Whatever you say, Captain." She shrugged.

"Why do you look like that? You look horrible." He changed the subject. Her face fell flat— that did the trick. There was a bit of fear in him.

"Well, if you must know, I've only been having...about 6 hours of sleep every night because of all this training." She crossed her arms defensively and put her chin up. How dare he! "Mind you, I go through strenuous training every single day, aside from this class. I have missions and duties,"

"That sounds tiring." He jumped to his bed and spread his limbs out once again. He let out a satisfied groan and laid on his side, then patted the mattress. He had a mischievous grin on his face. "Join me?"

She threw a pillow on his face, hard. For a moment, he had to recollect his composure and believed he saw stars. He groaned and threw it back, hitting her head this time. She tossed it again, but this time, he caught it smugly.