42

A sharp shattering sound echoed all around the sanctum as a purple beam darted across the second floor. Heskit gave her two enthusiastic thumbs up as she put her hands down. Straight after Heskit's 2-hour session, the two continued on to the sorcerer's. They were nearing the end of it, she finally learned how to direct her emotional energy towards certain targets.

"You've got it!" He cheered on and ran to give her a high-five. They slapped their hands together and she jumped in celebration.

"Hazel!" Strange's deep voice thundered from the floor below. He suddenly appeared right behind her holding a fragment of the cup she victimized by shooting off the staircase's railing. The two stepped back a little. "What did I say about practicing without the mirror dimension? You nearly hit the Cauldron of The Cosmos!,"

"I told you: mysticism requires energy from the environment, as well! I need to maximize my surroundings." She defended and took the piece. With a few hand movements, the other shards came flying up to their floor and pieced together, repairing the teacup.

"Yeah? Well maximize them with a little more caution." He scoffed at her excuse and clicked his tongue. She frowned at his grumpiness: he clearly isn't a fan of the prince's being here. He barely spoke a word to him; she always told him not to say anything to the prince if it wouldn't be helpful. He pointed a finger at her and shut one eye. "You know, for someone who's studying a system that helps one control their emotions, you sure are fitful,"

"Mean." She simply crossed her arms and slumped down to the ground, her hair bouncing a little at the harsh impact. She let out a throaty groan in irritation. "Whoever the source is, isn't sending me any signs! It's like they're hiding. Unless the source was inside me all along," She sang.

"Just be patient. They seem like a new one— what is that?" He pointed to two wooden boards floating upright with a few, different colored stains on them— how has he not noticed those before? They two started two chuckle. Is this some sort of inside joke?

"He's introducing this stupid exercise-game-thing they do back at theirs,"

"Come up with as many objects that will stick to the board in as little time as possible. I can't believe you don't have stick-ums here!" He ran his hands in his hair with disbelief. He started to jump up and down and balled his fists like a boxer. He circled her and cracked his neck from side to side. "Come on, Hazy. I say we do one round,"

"No, it's unfair. You're proficient because you're experienced,"

"I'm proficient because I'm better, and you're backing out because you know it." He taunted. Strange spread his mouth and sucked in a breath. She slowly walked to him and pointed her finger. Before she could speak, he tutted and wagged his finger, knowing full-well how much it irritates her. "Count of three. Master Strange, I'm counting on your character,"

"Meh." He frowned and tilted his head a little. The two got in their positions, the prince squatting, the girl putting one leg behind the other for balance. "Three, two, one, go!"

Multicolored objects flew across the air at such a rapid pace, different liquids splashed at the impact on the solid surfaces. Strange sounds of splattering and thuds made the doctor grimace a little bit. He casted a huge shield and the two stopped, both panting and eager.

"Hazel's first." Heskit said and took the board. He counted the different items on it: fruits, jelly candies, sticky balls, brains, balls of tape— 9 in total. He frowned his lips, impressed, then walked over to his. His eyes widened as wrapped his arms around it; he only had 7 items. Hazel gasped and began to chase after him, making him run away.

"Show me! You lost, didn't you?!" She wrestled it out of him as he let out a mixture of yelps and laughs. She straightened herself up with determination and cracked her neck. "Fine."