The mercenary pt.2

Six years later, somewhere outside of vale:
Phoenix lowered his N.V.G.'s that are attached to his helmet, as a flash of green covered his eyes Phoenix took a second to get used to his surroundings he looked around the forest to check for grim once he was sure he was safe he walked for a bit until he heard a crack behind him, he whipped around and raised his M4 in an instant and saw nothing then as he looked up he saw a raven cawing at him. Phoenix heard a growl behind him he slowly turned his head and saw a Beowulf standing over him Phoenix grabbed his knife and plunged it into the beast's stomach and yanked it out as the lone grim roared he rolled to the side and shot the grim with his rifle, of course one shot didn't do anything, so due to his annoyance to the beast he switched to full auto and gunned the beast down with a few more rounds. As the smoke rose from the beast Phoenix sighed and said to his self "fucken grim" as he continued his journey...
After a few miles of walking Phoenix saw a bright light and an explosion, due to pure instinct he ran towards the crater and saw a man in it, the unknown man appeared to be a soldier obviously and he wore desert camo with an M249 by his side. Phoenix picked the man up and made a call...