Then that insistent need to feel him in my grasp... to have him close.

I glanced down to where I knew the book resided in my bag while the recently all too familiar of heat spreading through my body started up again.

I should really focus on that tomorrow... Maybe on the drive there.

So I could finally get a clue on how to handle whatever this was.

I pressed my lips together the very second I began to crave his.

Oh, come on...

I wasn't going to try to dispute the feeling, but the abundance of it lately was just excessive... and new.

I kept my sigh quiet, stepping around the couch and over to the window in hoped the air would be cooler over there.

My hope came true, pausing my steps as soon as I reached the sill.

The idea of sitting on it got rejected, so I instead just looked out into the city lit only by the moonlight.

This would be the last time I'd see the view I was once so fond of.

My eyes trailed upwards, finding the deep puncture left in the brick from his wings, then to the matching one on the other side.

A small knot twisted in my chest for just a moment, my fingers toying with each other before I stepped back.

No... no more of that.

No more of the fear, or the regret. Any of it and all of it.

I wanted to leave this all behind for good.

To start over in a place that would allow me to.

With his help and his guidance.

I heard his footsteps approach, but kept my gaze where it was.

Two strong arms snaked around me under my chest before I felt his body at my back.

"You got everything you wanna bring?" he asked.

I nodded, turning in his grasp so I was facing him and his hands were on my back.

"I'm pretty sure. If I didn't remember it by now, it probably wasn't important enough to bring." I rationalized.

All I needed was the guitar and music. The rest were just sentimental.

He let out a little approving and amused hum that blended into a quiet purr.

Which kicked all of my emotions prior into gear.

I'd realized that he mostly purred whenever it had to do with me.

When I was close or we were touching.

It was endearing in its own little way. A solid reminder every once in a while that he truly did care for me and enjoyed my presence.

Not that I ever thought that he didn't, the reoccurring reminder just felt nice.

It made me a bit sad that I couldn't do the same, and I was only aware of one other way to get that point across without using words.

I looked up to meet those sage green eyes, realizing that we've only ever kissed while sitting or laying.

With him being nearly a full head taller than me, how was this supposed to work?

Even if I stood on my toes, I don't think that would be enough.

I wonder...

I rose a hand into his stupidly soft hair, his eyes widening as he realized what I was trying to do.