♤ . ♤

Warnings: animal death, gore, angst

A short one.

~~~

It was like a broken heart, the feeling that ripped through Ponk as he saw his best friend fall to his knees, tears pouring down his face. Today was not a good day. The sobs that were ripped from the once composed monster of a man were nearly animalistic, the sounds echoing throughout all surrounding areas. Ponk could only watch. As Sam's body shuddered with each heartwrenching sob, the small and broken frame in his arms shivered with him, a few drops of crimson blood falling and splattering onto the ground beneath. A singular tuft of grayish white fur had made its way onto Sam's shoulder, causing the reality on the situation to begin to sink in for Ponk. It all happened so fast. One moment, Sam was playing a complex game of fetch with Fran, and the next he was on his knees, crying his heart out for his dog, his everything, the broken figure he held close. Ponk took a trembling step towards Sam, falling short when his eyes locked onto the bloody form he held in his arms. It didn't even look like Fran anymore, her head was so split open and crushed that blood was coming out of what was left of her ears and one of her eyes was bulged out. The poor dog's body was flattened and twisted in so many ways it shouldn't be, her mouth, teeth, just recognizable enough to look like a sick grin. Bones stuck out from her mangled corpse and  her pelt was nearly crimson, so much blood and other things were covering the once pristine grayish white fur she always had, giving her an alien look. It all happened so fast. Too fast. Too soon.