▪︎ At a Loss For Words ▪︎

Warnings: minor angst, fluff

~~~

"But you can't just- You've got to be kidding me! That's unfair, what about Tommy?" Ponk could hear Sam's muffled voice all the way in the living room, where he was currently comforting a crying Tommy. The poor man had been on the phone for hours now, trying to fight the agency who was coming to take Tommy away since they found his birth parents and they wanted him back. The thing was, Sam had fallen deeply in love with the little boy, treating him as if he were his own son, it seemed as if it were truly meant to be, it was meant for them to meet. Ponk loved Tommy too, but only to the extent of caring for him, he didn't like kids that much, so he only helped Sam out when he needed to, no more than that. After a few more minutes of shouting, Sam stormed into the room, kneeling down by Ponk, his attitude changing quickly as he gently took Tommy from Ponk's arms and held him close, "Hey little buddy, everything is alright. Everything is fine, I'm here now, nothing will happen to you..." Tommy's crying ceased almost immediately, his little arms wrapping themself around Sam as best as they could. Sam gently began to rock the three year old back and forth, casting thankful glances towards Ponk as he quietly hummed Tommy's favorite song, Mellohi. Ponk and Sam worked together great with Tommy, the couple both doing their share, though Ponk didn't always enjoy it. When Tommy fell asleep, Sam laid him on the couch and wrapped him in a blanket, before picking him up once more and bringing him to his room. When Sam returned, he sat beside Ponk on the couch, the latter giving Sam a comforting hug. "They can't just take him away from us..." Sam whined softly, tears forming in his eyes. "Hey, Sammy, he won't get taken away, I'll make sure he doesn't... we've- well, you've raised him thus far, and have done a phenomenal job, once the agency sees that, they can't take him away... especially with his separation anxiety." Sam, being the big softie he was, let the tears trail down his face as he returned the hug, "But... I can't let him go, Ponkie... I just can't..." the big man's sniffles turned into soft sobs as Ponk tried to comfort him, rubbing his back softly. This seemed to happen a lot nowadays, Sam getting upset over the agency wanting to take Tommy away, Tommy crying because he missed Sam, Sam tearing up at the end of everything... it just wasn't fair to the small family. Shortly after Sam calmed down, he and Ponk cuddled on the couch for a few hours, watching whatever came on TV, and talking. After that, they headed to their bedroom, getting on their pajamas, and climbing into bed.

Around midnight, Sam awoke abruptly, Tommy's cries echoing through the house. The tall male instantly jumped into action, quickly and quietly hopping out of bed and tiptoeing to his adopted son's room. Tommy was laying in bed, crying his little heart out until Sam gently picked him up, rocking him back and forth a whispering reassurances in his ear, causing the boy to fall silent. Sam sang to the boy, the lyrics slipping softly from his mouth and soothing the boy further.

"You said you're embarrassed of your body,

you told me you think you're really ugly.

Well, my love, I don't see what you see.

Anything that is beautiful, people want to break,

And you are beautiful, I'm afraid."

The young boy who was clutched in Sam's arms fell asleep rather quickly, the presence of Sam soothing him, along with the singing. A while after Tommy fell asleep, Sam placed him in his bed again and tucked him in, he then sat beside the boy's bed, knowing well that he would most likely wake again in the coming hour or so. The tired man eventually fell asleep sitting beside his son's bed, his head leaning to one side as he let out soft snores.

An hour later, Tommy woke up again, sniffling. Sam was awoken by the boy's movements, so he quickly moved in, "Another nightmare, sweet boy?" He cooed softly, picking up the young boy and holding him close. Tommy gave a small nod, whining, Sam just hummed and began to rock him back and forth again, "Well, there's nothing to be afraid of, I'm here, and Ponk's in the other room, nothing will happen to you." Tommy smiled sleepily at that, nuzzling Sam's chest as he got cozy and began to drift off again. Sam just held him tight, playing with his hair and rocking him back and forth, Sam sat back down on the floor, still holding Tommy close. They both drifted off to sleep shortly after.

A/N

This one will not be a series unfortunately, you get to think of your own ending for the story! Myself personally, if I were to write another part or two, would give them a happy ending because I absolutely love AweSamDad lmao
Anywho, I hope you enjoyed! Have a great day/night!!