Chapter Eight

Johnny P.O.V
"Bro you can't date her, you can't do anything with her. You know how mad Kreese would be?" Brad asked me. I looked down at my fist and back up at him.

"I don't even know what she wants with me, I just want her back in my life." I replied back. I watched all of the boys stare at each other and then back at me.

"Oh so Lawrence does have a love bone in his body. Johnnys got a little crush." Tyler joked. I looked up at him and smiled.

"You boys don't know anything. Ali hates me, I realized I missed Katie. What can I say?"

"Missed what about Katie?"

"Oh you know everything. All the stuff we used to do together." I said wiggling my eyebrows.

"Oh so you're just going after the first girl that'll give you something then?"

"No not like that. Katie isn't like that. We never did anything like how you're talking."

"Wait so you guys dated for like a year and you guys never did anything and you were fine with that?" Tyler asked.

"Yeah, I mean it's Katie. She's a little kid in a 17 year olds body. She didn't want to do anything, I respected that and went on with life. I wasn't gonna force her to do something she didn't wanna do." I looked up at them and they were all wide eyed.

"What?" I asked.

"Wait so you actually like her?" Brad asked.

"Yeah, I did. I really did. I-I-I really still do. Even when I was with Ali, I still liked Katie." I didn't know what to say. I still love her, I know I do, but I can't tell her that.

Katie P.O.V
I rolled over to Julius asleep at the end of my bed. I looked over at my alarm clock. 10:57 a.m. I got up and ran downstairs and saw my dad watching T.V on the couch.

"Dad we over slept. You didn't wake us up and my alarm didn't go off."

"Honey, I was watching out of the window yesterday and saw what was happening. I took Ryland to school this morning. You guys slept through your alarm and Ryland had to turn it off. I figured it would be okay if you and Julius stayed home today. I even called his dad and asked. I'm sorry about everything that happened with Tanner. Just know I'm here to talk about it if you wanna talk about it." I smiled at my dad. He cared and gave up so much for my mom and for Ryland and I.

"Now you go back upstairs and go to sleep or you and Julius and can go out and do whatever you wanna do with your day." I went back upstairs and laid back down in bed. I woke back up and noticed that Julius wasn't laying at the end of my bed. I reached my hand over to move my alarm clock to see what time it was. A sticky note was stuck over the digital clock and I peeled it off.

I went home to tell my dad what's going on. By the way we overslept and missed school. I'll be back.
-Julius

I set the note down and rolled over on my side to face the wall. I dozed on and off and woke up to the phone ringing. I picked the phone up in my room and stuck it up to my ear.

"Hello." I said into the phone.

"Katie." I heard back.

"Yeah that's me, what's up?"

"You must be too tired to not recognize my voice." I knew exactly who it was, it was Tanners mom.

"No I know who you are. It's my second mom."

"I just wanted to call and apologize for Tanner. You know how he is and he'll just pick and pick and pick until someone reaches their boiling point. Then he blows up because he got someone there. I don't know if he's called to apologize or not, but I truly am sorry. He came in with bloody tears rolling down his face and had blood all over his face and a black eye."

"You know Jenny, you practically raised me and my mom practically raised Tanner. He came up and started that fight for no reason. I was resolving issues with somebody that Tanner thinks is the devil. Instead of Tanner thinking that someone else is the devil, maybe he needs to look in the mirror."

"You know Katie, I can't deny what's going on is not bad, but listen to me. It's his dads genes and you know that. You guys will be together till the end. I heard you went out on a date with Johnny and that's what made Tanner made though."

"I didn't even go out on a date with Johnny. We went to the beach so he could apologize for the stuff that he said and did to us. It's not any of Tanners business to begin with, so why does he even care?"

"Do you remember when Tanner dated Gabby?"

"Yeah of course, she hated all of us and we tried talking sense into Tanner and he would never listen."

"Exactly Katie. That's how Tanner feels about Johnny, he saw what happened when the girl that he felt was in love with him. She backstabbed and betrayed not only him, but you guys. He's looking at Johnny like that now."

"Yeah, but with Johnny, we all caused that on ourselves. The only fight and that whole situation, we brought onto ourselves. Tanner brought the entire Gabby situation onto all of us."

"Yeah honey you're right, but he doesn't see it that way."

"Mom, I gotta go. I'll talk to you whenever I see you or call you next, okay?"

"Okay sweetie, be safe. I hope this all rolls over soon. I love you."

"I love you too." I took the phone away from my ear and hung it up. I realized that this entire situation is going to be ridiculous.