CHAPTER THREE

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

          Thomas was going at such an exceedingly fast pace that Aphie was sure it would leave bruises on her knees. He continued to crawl through the vents back to his room while Aris and Aphie followed, the sounds of their limbs bouncing around the metal walls reverberating. Eventually, when Thomas took a left Aphie decided to take a right. She was sick of sitting and watching all of these people be taken away to die - whether they were her friend or not. Now, she had the chance to save one of them, and even though she had gotten betrayed by Vanessa it didn't mean she had to die. At least not in Aphie's eyes.

"Aphie! Where are you going?" Aris called out as she began to split off.

"I have to go back to my room. Don't worry, I'll catch up."

After hesitantly telling her to be careful, Aris continued to follow Thomas back to his room while Aphie went the opposite direction towards her own. She took a few more turns before throwing the small metal door open for the millionth time that day. As she jumped out of the vent and stood up, Aphie looked over to see Vanessa standing in the middle of the room, very alert towards that girl that just crawled in.

"I know you turned me in." Aphie admitted to Vanessa shallowly and took a few steps closer. The blank look on the blonde's face folded down at girl's words, but Aphie couldn't tell if it was because she actually felt bad about her actions or if she was embarrassed that she got caught. "I don't care okay? I just need you to come with me. For your own sake."

"No way. I don't want to be apart of whatever crazy klank you guys are doing!" Vanessa exclaimed, raising her hands up and backing away from Aphie.

"Plea-"

"I said no!"

"If you don't come with me. You are going to die." Aphie emphasized cruelly, immediately wanting to take back her unusual harshness, but Aphie needed to be clear that this was serious. "Do you understand me?"

As Vanessa stared at Aphie, she saw that Aphie's face was dead serious. And when she heard the word die come out of the brunette girl's mouth, the scowl on her face wiped away and got replaced by her own face of confusion and worry.

"I'll explain everything. I promise. But you need to come with me first."

"Okay... fine. But don't think that this means I trust you."

"Come on." Aphie brushed off Vanessa's words, not having time for the shenanigans. She quickly moved back towards where the vent was beneath the bunk. The two got on their knees, about to slide through the small hatch just as the door to their room flung open loudly.

"Hey! What do you girls think you're doing?"

Aphie and Vanessa flung their heads over towards the man's voice. Two armed guards stood at the entrance to the girls room, staring at them while they attempted to escape. Quickly moving in action, Aphie turned back and tried to crawl out before she got caught, but the men raced into the room and ripped her off of the floor.

"No!" Aphie screamed as she thrashed in the guard's arms. "Let me go!"

"Stop!" Vanessa yelled, getting picked up by the other guard. "I didn't do anything!"

The two girls continued to whip around in their captors arms while Vanessa sent a worried look towards Aphie and Aphie sent an "I told you so" look towards Vanessa. The guards loud boots echoed down the prison-like hallway while Aphie continued to scream protests.

"Bring us to Teresa! Now!"

Aphie heard a boy's voice yell from down the hallway, she knew it was Thomas from the name he was yelling, Teresa.