Chapter 12: Emotional.

Start from the beginning

Anthony spoke before I could respond, "no, he's not supposed to take the duct tape off for a while, but I have the same symbol on my opposite arm so you can see mine." He then slipped off his jacket, revealing his tattoo covered arms for everyone to see. 

Everyone crowded close to examine the symbol when I suddenly heard Josh break out into a fit of laughter. When everyone gave him strange looks he stopped laughing to shoot me a smirk. "You guys have matching tattoos on opposite wrists, that's so ridiculously cute. Especially if you guys hold hands they'll line up," he explained, clearly trying to refrain from laughing more. Which is good because now I wanted to punch him.

Everyone paused for a second in awkward silence before the room filled with the sound of laughter. Dan cackled his annoyingly nice-sounding laugh and shot me a dimple-filled smile. "That is adorable. So romantic," he said cheekily. 

I tried to stand straighter to even attempt to match his obnoxiously tall height before I sassed him back. ''Shut it, heart eyes Howell!''

He tilted his head in confusion, looking genuinely lost for a second before his British accent met my ears again. "And what is that supposed to mean, bowl hair?" He questioned angrily. It was obvious he knew what I was referring to, or he wouldn't be getting so defensive about it towards me. 

I self-consciously fiddled with my hair when he said that, even though I know he didn't mean to actually be rude. People always tease me about my hair and it makes me feel like I need to change it right this second. Anthony was in front of me in the seconds I didn't answer and I took a step back at his close proximity. "Okay guys, that's enough teasing. It was just a misunderstanding, not a 'romantic' thing. Let's just get the alcohol going shall we? And Dan, go put some damn music on." He instructed everyone, in that commanding voice that just makes me feel weak at the knees- last time he used it on me was..that night. 

I shook my head to erase those thoughts for the time being and instead gave Anthony a thankful smile as he turned and walked past me, patting my shoulder as he wandered to the kitchen. I looked at Mari and Melanie and they were giving me ecstatic smiles. I sighed before shaking my head at how excited they looked. "Don't say a word guys, not one word."

~

I hate when people drink, it makes them so different. This is exactly what I was thinking as my friends danced, laughed and, most importantly, drank around me. It's my twenty-fourth birthday and I, for some stupid reason, decided to stay sober. Last time I drank I ended up sleeping with Anthony, so maybe I make bad decisions. Okay, I take that back. It wasn't a bad decision, just a foolish one.

My thoughts were interrupted when Mr. Padilla himself plopped himself down on the couch beside me, resting his head on my shoulder as he laughed for seemingly no reason. "H-hey Blue Eyes. How ya' doin'?" He slurred. 

I had to hold in a laugh at how clearly drunk he was. "I'm doing good Anthony. How about you?"

"I-I'm lonelyyyyyyyy," he told me, dragging out the 'y' at the end. 

"How can you possibly be lonely? You're in a room full of people," I told him gently. 

"I k-know that. I mean I want someone to love me. I want someone to sleep with me." He didn't seem to realize that love and just sleeping with someone were two very different things. 

"Your friends love you, "I informed him, getting slightly uncomfortable as his lips brushed against my neck. 

"T-that's not the kind of love I mean, Ian. And I'm feeling realllllly turned on right now, this grey shirt really brings out how blue your eyes are," He said as his lips moved against my neck as he talked. 

"Uh, thanks, dude. Do you think you could get your mouth off my neck, please?" I asked, trying to be patient with him.

"Sure, no probs." I was relieved for a second until he flopped onto his back, his head on my lap as he looked up at me. 

I felt this warmth course through me and I shifted uncomfortably. Without saying a word he took my hand into his and brought it to his hair. I understood immediately what he wanted and gently dragged my fingers through his hair. He let out a sigh and put his hands on his stomach, shutting his eyes and relaxing his body. I caressed his hair for a few seconds in silence before his right hand grabbed my left. I saw the 'Smosh' symbol on his wrist and glanced at my left wrist, seeing the duct tape matched up with his tattoo as he laced our fingers together. I didn't know how long we sat like that- hands laced together, his head on my lap and my hand running through his hair- before I realized the music had stopped, as had the loud talking of my friends. I looked up to see a sober Phil helping an obviously intoxicated Dan up the stairs, Mari passed out curled up in a ball on the love seat across from us, the guys all trudging towards the stairs after sending me slurred words along the lines of "Happy Birfday Ian", and Melanie heading towards me from across the room. 

She patted my shoulder as she went past me and saying a simple "Happy Birthday Ian, have a good sleep."

 Then it was just me and Anthony in the quiet of the room. 

His brown eyes opened slowly and he looked into my own blue ones deeply, causing my hand to pause midway through his hair. "What are you doing to me, Ian?" He asked cryptically before his eyes drifted shut again and his breathing evened into that of a sleeping persons. 

I tilted my head in confusion, why is drunk Anthony always so emotional?

That was the last thought in my mind as my head tilted back against the couch and my eyes drooped shut, my hand unconsciously making its way to rest on Anthony's cheek softly. This has been a pretty good Birthday, I suppose.

A.N: I'M SO SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS HORRENDOUS AND LATE. I WAS HAVING SUCH BAD WRITER'S BLOCK. BUT STAY TUNED, I'M POSTING AN IANTHONY ONE SHOT EITHER TONIGHT OR TOMORROW.<3 And thanks for 1.1k views! That's incredible!<3