Chapter 24: Barbie Britt

Start from the beginning

"It's nothing." Nonno smiles trying to reassure me. I keep glaring.

"That is no way to treat your elders!" His voice hardens and he glares back at me.

Why must people be dumb? Jay chuckles enjoying this show.

I just don't know Jay, I just don't know. I sigh back.

I continue staring, I can feel his aura slowly filling the air around us making everyone bare their necks except Lark who sits watching. I just sit there with my hands behind my head and staring straight back.

Yes, I love Nonno, Yes, he is my elder, but no, he isn't stronger than me, and no, it isn't right to keep information about me away from me.

I sigh, why can't he stop.

"What are you doing? I haven't even released my aura so stop harming everyone else. Look at them Nonno, I get you want power over me but that isn't going to happen. I'm sorry but I won't submit. My wolf won't allow it nor will I. If you keep going I will release my aura and that won't end well, I can't yet control it." I monotonously speak to Nonno, he's smart and clearly is hiding something. I won't push but he needs to stop. Morgen, Kelli, Aunt and Uncle are all sweating, their faces are turning red and they will all pass out soon.

Nonno keeps going, him releasing his aura won't hurt him or me but it will hurt the others who are less powerful. His face is steady and concentrated.

I can't watch my family suffering any longer, they will soon pass out.

What do I do? I can't allow my family to be hurt. I speak to Jay, I need her advice.

I can stop him, you're still learning to use my power like I am with yours. Jay cracks her neck and steps forward. I allow her to pass without giving full control. I feel my eyes change colour to a mix of silver and maroon.

"STOP." Jay growls from my mouth. I feel his aura fade away and he sits down, his posture has him looking drained but he should be fine in a minute. I hope.

Juniper steps back to allow me to control again. Thanks. I smile at my wolf spirit and turn my attention to Nonno.

"You should've stopped when I warned you." I growl at Nonno. Swiftly I move around the table helping each member sit up and drink some water making sure they're okay. I help all of them except Nonno.

Lark is watching in fascination as she makes sure the family is ok. She too doesn't help Nonno. Being powerful she must've sensed the aura but it didn't affect her.

She glances at me then to Nonno who now is sitting up looking at me, or more like glaring. The thing was even if I presumably submitted he wouldn't have reigned in his aura. He would've allowed it to reign free making my family suffer even more. His aura could feel me not submitting, he would've gone into a frenzy of such. Where his wolf becomes in charge until he passes out from lack of ability for his body to handle the power surge.

How I know this, I'm not sure. Maybe Juniper.

Nonno bows his head to me in a display of submission before grabbing a glass of water and chugging it.

"Sorry, I needed to do that. To see what you would do. If my wolf overtook me your wolf would've stepped up." Nonno grins but I scowl. He hurt everyone else to test a hypothesis.

"Thank-you for having me, I best be off now." Nonno stands up and bows before walking out the door. I gape at him, usually people hug goodbye or something.

"Odd." Lark mumbles to me, I just nod slowly.

He was testing us Jay. I speak to my wolf spirit.