Both adults were unaware of the child's thought. They continued with their silent interrogation over a meal.

"Eat your green peppers", Mori helpless scolded the little princess with a pat on her head, as he thought of what to say to Yu Yan but all he could do was reveal a feeble look.

As she ate begrudgingly, Mori had Feng Xuo's assistant have the little princess wear headphones as the adults talked, and propped up a small screen similar to Yu Yan's tablet on the table for her to watch children's short films.

Yu Yan glanced the smooth transaction between the assistant and the little princess—'You give me headphones, I'll give you my green peppers.'

Seeing Yu Yan's line of sight, Mori eventually looked down to see the little princess with a clean plate.

For a moment, the adults in the room stared at the obedient and doe-eyed little princess; one adult being an imposter and an seasoned accomplice.

Yu Yan hid his feelings by taking a sip of water.

In the end, Mori didn't have the courage to talk about this matter and Yu Yan didn't have the courage to expose the little girl. Thus, lunch ended soon in a quiet harmonious tone with the adults ignoring problems.

Nyx came out with Feng Xuo a while later and the group finished lunch quickly. The Captain wanted to bring Yu Yan back to school on time.

Alone with his adoptive father inside the shuttle, Yu Yan could no longer hold back his curiosity. Since the doctor won't tell him, might as well ask Dad.

When Nyx heard his question, he said, "It's a long story."

"Then drive slow", Yu Yan cheekily said like it's the only obvious choice.

Nyx shot him a look but Yu Yan took it as a playful glare.

"How did you even get to know Feng Xuo, Dad?"

Nyx maneuvered the shuttle to an isolated road before heading out to the main road. He took his time answering, pushing Yu Yan's anticipation to a higher level.

The Captain took one look and knew that Yu Yan's curiosity needed quenching like water to a burning house. The longer you leave it, the worse it rapidly got.

Nyx began recounting, "Feng Xuo's family is an old one. He had an older brother that was supposed to take over as family and executive head. His father was the oldest of his uncles and took over their grandfather. He planned to hand it to Feng Xuo's eldest brother but the eldest died before that could happen. Feng Xuo's old man had to marry a new woman in secret and work hard to produce another son."

"Robust old man", Yu Yan remarked. "So Feng Xuo was born after his eldest brother died. Was he raised with intentions of being an heir?"

"Raised? More like trained. That old man of his raised Feng Xuo like a perfect, ruthless mercenary. Like I said, their family's an old one and they have a reputation among black societies. When I said 'executive head', I meant part of the Triad. That Feng Xuo was taught ballistics when he could barely walk; then was tossed to handle their family's business when he was barely an adult."

Nyx tapped the stirring wheel while recalling what Feng Xuo used to be like, "Well, he's more or less a daughter fanatic now. You can't really picture how cold-blooded he looks if he's always sporting a stupid look." He snorted.

"Did you meet him when you were a General?"

"Before oh. I was assigned to the capital. Let's just say I took care of his older brother's murderer for him. The bastard who killed his brother went for his neck too, and I just so happened to pass by the alley they were playing wrestling games. We got acquainted and he owed me in exchange for me not arresting him. I didn't even report him to my immediate superior."