And for the first time since I last saw that painful image of her majesty, I heard my voice again.

"Z-zhang Wei..." I whispered his name.

Naramdaman ko naman ang pagkagulat sa kanya bago niya ako binitiwan at tinignan sa mukha.

Samantalang hindi parin matigil sa pagbuhos ang mga luhang matagal kong ikinubli.

"Z-zhang Wei...the Empress is..." halos hindi ko maituloy ang gusto kong sabihin ng dahil sa sobrang pag-iyak. "She is..."

Zhang Wei's face softened and the pain in his eyes while looking at me slowly became evident.

Hindi na niya ako hinintay pa na magsalita at niyakap nalang niya ako ulit ng sobrang higpit.

"Please, forgive me." He whispered into my ear. "Chin, forgive me."

Atsaka ko naramdaman ang mas paghigpit ng yakap niya.

Until now, I still can't understand why he kept asking for forgiveness.

But in the middle of that room, for the first time since that day, I cried my heart out into his arms.

***

"So, what are you planning to do now?" Yixing, her younger brother and the Crown Prince of Xing empire, asked her while sitting on her table.

The Empress's death created a week of mourning for the whole Qin. Other royals from the allied empires visited Qin to pay their last respects to the fallen Empress.

Kaya ngayon ay nandito ang Crown Prince ng kaharian nila bilang representative ng kanyang ama. Binisita siya nito sa kanyang palasyo at ngayon ay nag-uusap sila sa loob ng sala.

Nilingon naman niya ito at binigyan ng isang seryosong tingin.

"I will become the next Empress of Qin." She announced. "I will do everything it takes to sit on that throne."

Hindi naman makapaniwalang napatingin sa kanya ang kapatid. Pero kaagad parin itong napangisi.

"My lovely sister, we really think alike. Having the crown will help you achieve your goal of taking revenge for our dear brother." Yixing answered with boredom in his voice. "Do you want my help to avenge his death?"

Nilingon naman niya ang kapatid at tinitigan ito.

He's probably thinking of something she will not like.

Yixing is the Crown Prince, but at times, she can't trust his judgement.

This brother of hers is so immature and the evilness in his heart is so evident that their own father is worried about him.

Kung hindi lang ito anak ng Empress sa kaharian nila, malamang matagal na itong nawala sa pagiging Crown Prince.

"I need more power." She finally spoke, trying to avoid disclosing more information about her plans. "I will sit in the throne and wrap this empire around my fingers. The best revenge I could give is to take this land out of Zhang Wei's hands."

Yixing just shrugged and pouted in his seat.

"Well, I could give you a hand if you wanted to." He answered, then grinned. "Scheming against the Emperor of Qin seems fun."

Tinignan naman niya ang kapatid at kaagad siyang sumagot.

"No, Yixing." She immediately cut him off. "You will become the heir of the Xing empire. Our father, the Emperor, needs you now. You don't need to meddle in my affairs."

He just shrugged and stood up from his seat. He still has more things to do than be embroiled in another argument with his sister.

"Very well." He answered, then turned to look at his beloved sister. "If that's your wish, then I have no more things to say. Just tell me if you wish to have my help in taking over this empire. This land will become a great state for Xing once I've ascended to the throne as the next Emperor."

Then a meaningful smirk appeared on his face.

"I've been dying to wipe that arrogant Zhang Wei's smug off his face." He spoke.

Ngumiti naman si Jia sa kanya.

"Worry not, brother." She spoke. "You will be the first one to hear if I've successfully conquered the court of Qin."

Tumango lang siya pero bago umalis ay may naalala pa siyang sabihin.

"Jia," he called his sister's name.

Nagtaas naman ito ng mukha at tumitig sa kanya.

"Just remember," he said, then a happy grin drew up into his face. "Never fall for that arrogant Emperor's schemes. He is not someone you can easily play with. Always prepare for an escape plan if things get ugly."

Yumuko naman sa kanya ang kapatid.

"Yes, brother."

Pagkatapos ng kanilang pag-uusap ay lumabas na siya mula sa palasyo ng nakakatandang kapatid. Habang sa likuran naman niya ay nakasunod ang kanyang limang guwardya. Inabot na sila ng gabi sa pagbisita sa kapatid ng dahil sa ilang oras na paghihintay sa Emperor ng Qin na magpakita sa kanila sa court nito.

Emperor Zhang Wei declined to receive any audience for the past few days because of an important matter that he needed to attend to.

That arrogant Emperor, He thought to himself. Let's wait until your whole empire is mine, and I'll make you pay for treating us like this.

"Faoren," he called for one of his soldiers.

"Yes, your royal highness." Faoren answered.

"Prepare our men." He orders and then smiles."We will be visiting the red light district to meet with the beautiful women of Qin."

The Qin's capital is a rich land full of beautiful ladies. He can't get easily bored whenever he's visiting this land.

Excited lang siya sa paglalakad nang bigla nilang madaanan ang grand royal garden ng palasyo.

The night is young and the moon is shining brightly in that part of the palace.

Ngunit bigla siyang natigil sa paglalakad nang may nakakuha ng atensyon niya.

A beautiful woman wearing an emerald dress was standing in the middle of the garden full of blooming flowers.

He was stunned.

He was completely mesmerized by her enchanting beauty.

The moonlight is shining brightly into her sad eyes while she's busy looking at the lake.

He never believed in love at first sight, but he's such a fool to fall for a beauty like hers in just a short moment.

"She is her highness, the Honorable Consort Chin." Faoren spoke. "I heard that she is the most favored consort of his majesty, Emperor Zhang Wei, and is now currently rumored as the next Empress of Qin."

A smirk only drew up his face.

"It's such a shame that a beauty like you is trapped in that emperor's grasp." He spoke. "But worry no more, my love. I've already made up my mind."

Then his eyes turned serious.

"Once I've conquered this land, you will be the first person I will take from his hands."

To be continued...