Education and another to deal with.

Magsimula sa umpisa

Interesting.

Edith looked at Sam. He was slowly eating his breakfast, looking at Alastor from time to time from the corner of his eye. As if to be so cautious.

"Anyways," Alastor said, breaking the hard silence and putting down his paper next to him. "I've decided that you two need to start being schooled and educated."

Sam's head snapped up.

"Educated?!" The girl exclaimed excitedly. When you looked at her she had wide eyes showing nothing but joy in her words. But as for Sam... his face showed the wheels turning in his head and his eyes narrowed.

"Yes my dear. I do believe you are coming of age where an education is mandatory and very much needed." Alastor explained to the young lady

"So... you're going to send us to school?" The boy asked as if to double check what he was hearing.

Al laughed. "Send you to school? Haha! No, no, no. I shall school you both myself! Provided with a little help of course." He said.

"W-Why not send us to school! Surely you're too busy with doing the radio and oh I don't know- killing people- to teach us anything. Us going to a physical school just seems like the better option if you ask me." Sam said, trying- but failing- to casually push the subject and try to sway Alastor's decision.

All the man did was laugh even harder this time. "Dearest Samuel, and I thought you were smarter than that! I suppose I was mistaken. You know very well I am not going to do that. If things were different it very well would be the better option but they are not. Now I most certainly know you need schooling! Haha!"

Sam blushed out of embarrassment, anger, and shame. He should have known. How pathetic of him to think he could actually change that choice. Stupid!

The buzzing doorbell interrupted the boy's thoughts. Alastor stood up, putting his finger over his lips, silencing the two children while he went to check the door.

Sam sighed, going back to eating his breakfast with his sister who was still shifting around in her seat excitedly. "We're going to learn new things Sammy! Isn't that great?!" She asked happily.

The boy smiled at her and nodded. "Yes, yes that's absolutely great Edi." he said. The girl could hear the sarcasm in his voice even though he tried to conceal it. Nonetheless she shrugged and finished her food.

~

Meanwhile, Alastor made his way to the front door, opening it to reveal the familiar face of Mimzy and next to her a tall, dark skinned woman with long flowy black hair.

"Mimzy! Rosie! Hello! Come in, come in!" He exclaimed happily, letting the two women into his home. They both gave their hellos and gladly went in.

"How wonderful to see you both! Rosie! It has been a while, how have you been?" Alastor asked, gently grabbing her hand and kissing the back of her knuckles.

"Alastor! Just as gentlemanly as I remember!" Rosie giggled. "I've been alright. Just doing my best." She answered.

Her smile was bright but soft at the same time. Very kind and sweet; and gentle; and welcoming; and warm. Her dark black hair was tied up into a messy bun behind her lower head with a few strands of hair falling around her head and face. Her clothes were a nice middle class early Victorian pink blouse with a red ankle length skirt. She was elegant.

"Of course, of course! And Mimzy dear, lovely to see you again! I'm sure the children will be delighted to see you again! They are just this way." Alastor said, with his signature smile- of course.

He led the two to the dining hall where there was Edith and Samuel awaiting whoever was coming. Edith's once more lit up seeing the two ladies. "Mimzy!" She exclaimed, climbed out of her chair and ran up to Mimzy, hugging her tightly.

The short woman smiled and hugged her back. "Hiya there suga'! Aren't you just a sproutlin' o' love today!"

While they embraced each other, Sam just rubbed the bridge of his nose in slight annoyance and frustration. Great. Not only was he just an idiot and not only is Mimzy back but now he's got another person to deal with!? This is just perfect. Utterly perfect.

"Rosie, this is Edith and Samuel." Alastor said, introducing them before looking directly at Sam who was still in his own bubble. "And yes Samuel, darling Rosie here knows what I do as well."

That sentence brought the teen to a halt in his thoughts and into the world around him. So Mimzy did tell him about what he had done yesterday. He hoped to the above beings that nothing too bad was revealed like his escape plan...

After introductions were finished, Alastor explained that while he was at work, Rosie and Mimzy would be watching over Sam and his sister, also teaching them a few things and seeing what level they were at.

That last part actually caught the boy's attention. He knew Mimzy was a well educated woman since she was the owner of a business and seemed to know what she was doing. Rosie though, he didn't know much about her. He had only just met her but because of how she speaks and how she words things, he could assume she knew her stuff. The way she spoke was... fascinating- to say the least.

It was similar to the way Alastor spoke, well worded, well thought out, and very well structured. Able to get the point across quite easily and elegantly with no questions from the recipient. Though, unlike Alastor's somewhat intimidating and forced nature- Rosie was genuine and loving. Which certainly was quite relaxing and reassuring. A nice change of course.

Anyways, after a bit of talking and information, Alastor took his leave to go do his job. Leaving Edith and Sam with Rosie and Mimzy.

Right now they were all just sitting in the dining hall. Edith was gladly talking up a storm with the two ladies. It confused her brother how someone so young could talk so much. Sam stayed silent just watching his sister happily start and end so many different conversations about many different topics. All were very simple given her age but the two women still gladly engaged with her and her curiosity. That is until Rosie noticed Sam staying to himself and just watching the conversations unfold closely.

"And what about you, Mr. Samuel?" She asked, pulling the boy's mind out of the clouds.

He looked up with confused eyes. "I-I'm sorry. What was the question?"

Rosie put her hand to her mouth as she chuckled. "The question was, what would you be interested in learning?" she asked once more.

"O-Oh... well... I don't know." Sam said before thinking to himself. What would he like to learn? If he could pick any topic in the world to learn about, what would it be? "I suppose I'd want to learn about how to get by in a world like the one we live in. I'd like to learn what it takes to be successful."

Rosie looked at him relatively surprised by his answer. "That's a great thing to want to learn about at your age! The earlier the better I assume!" She laughed.

Mimzy giggled along with her, also seemingly surprised. "Well then, why don't we get started y'all! How 'bout I take Sam here to teach him 'bout some business while you take the cupcake over there to teach 'er?" She said, directing the suggestion towards Rosie who happily agreed.

With that, the group separated, Mimzy and Sam went up to the parlor to talk about business and success while Rosie and Edith went down to the Library to learn about what she wanted.

Sam and Mimzy sat down across from each other, getting themselves situated.

"Well! Let's get started! Is there anything specific ya wan'ed ta learn 'bout?" The woman asked him. Sam's reply was straight-forward and serious.

"Everything."

~

For those of you reading this book on wattpad do note that after this chapter releases I will be taking a small break from uploading chapters for a little bit. Afterwards I will (hopefully) return with chapter 11. Thank you so much!

For those reading this on google docs or if I'm standing next to you and you're reading this on my -or your- phone/computer, feel free to scroll down to the next chapter.