3. The rising sun is prettier

"Aaaahh~", I let out a sigh of relief as I stretched across my bed.

They were just too. damn. comfy.

The other spirit hosts set camp atleast 3 beds apart from me, which was more than 10 feet at least.

The rest house was huge by the way. I mean HUGE, like it was big enough to fit at least 4 of the houses back in our village.

The beds were the first thing that grabbed my attention. Aaaaaaaaaaaaa- why can't we have beds like these back in Mazashi.

Anyways I ain't gonna die...
.
.
.
for now that is

I haven't been dragged out of the room and aggressively been forced on handcuffs, so I suppose it's okay.

We got handed food packets a little while ago too, I saved them for later.

They were luxuriously good.

How does one even prepare food like this.

Anyways becoming a spirit host isn't specifically your choice, it's just that our village was in the way of a dispatched Spirit Corps member.

They just happened to witness me fish out a hugeass fish out of the river that flows not quite far from Mazashi and just dragged me away after getting consent from my village people.

They did a bunch of wierd physical tests too, like how high can I jump or how much weight can I lift. Why didn't they test my dagger skills?

Not to brag but I aced all of them.

The guy sent of an eagle and told me to wait for a bit.

The next day I wake up and there's the old man at the door.

Oh right, I forgot to mention this but I haven't seen my parents for as early as I can remember, so I've always been the doing-whatever-guy.

That was never a problem but I had always wanted to meet them. Who they were always interests me.

That was the sole reason I wanted to become a spirit host and eventually a Spirit Corps member. They have free access to every part of the kingdom and beyond and guess what?

Free food packets delivered to you every day.

It might just be 2 pieces of roasted meat to you but it's freaking LUXURY to me.

Oh right, so the reason I wanted to become a Spirit Corps member was because i want to meet my parents.

You know, I have this wierd feeling that they are alive, somewhere in this world. Maybe just my gut feeling but I live by it.

Well I feel sleepy so I'll just put my leftovers under my pillow and go to sleep now...
.
.
.
.
.

Wh-whats's this? Looks like it's morning already. Woah I had a great night's sleep.

I opened my eyes to see the sun just rising out the window.

Yep it's morning, time to fish up som-

Oh right, it's not Mazashi anymore nor am I travelling.

Damn, I got out of bed and started walking around the rest house.

The left overs were still sorta warm, the pillow did a great job. It was seriously so comfy.

I started eating the other piece of meat I had kept, we weren't gonna get another packet for like 4 hours now.

Nibbling on the still warm piece, I walked out the rest house. The guards were awake, surprisingly, and sorta just walked out of my way.

Nice.

This freedom thing was showing off before i even joined.

The entrance to the corridor of the castle stood in the right of me. I got out to the courtyard which was included there and sat near the huge ceramic fountain.

The water was cold. The warmth of the dusk sun hit different.

Made me feel like the river back there at Mazashi. I got up and drank some water from the nearby water fountain, not the big one which is used for decoration.

Come to think of it, this had been my dream all along right?

I used to train when I was still back there at my village, feels so nostalgic even though it hasn't even been a month.

All that training is paying off. I am now in the royal castle. In a few days I'll be stationed at a post away from here and I'll begin my search for my parents.

The capital's been a lot of trouble for me, I almost got my head chopped off, not that I was going to.

But what's the deal with that princess anyways? Her voice seemed so shaky and hesitant when she 'forgave' us.

She sort of seemed, flustered?

Was she flustered that we bowed down and apologized to her?

What was she doing in the streets all by herself?

Girls are always a damn mystery.

I got up and went back to the rest house, back up in my bed.