"The truth? You knew I was telling the truth?" She asked and he just nodded.

"Yes." He simply answered and she stared at him,

"How?" She searched for the answers in his bulletproof steel eyes that gave away nothing.

"You were drugged. The tests from your hospital was botched. I had a friend of mine carry out another one." He answered, breaking eye contact a bit to poke at the little ring at the side of her nose. He liked that one.

"What?" She was taken aback but for some reason refrained from pulling away from his hold. Not that he minded.

"Rohypnol. It's a form of sedative. If you were unconscious throughout, there's no way you would have strangled the officer." He explained and she slightly nodded.

"Thank you. For finding this out." She finally said and he sighed, getting up to his feet. "Hey, Tobi?" She stood up right after him.

"Yes, Princess?" He looked down at her, almost poking fun at her height. He could almost picture her beautiful eyes narrow at the prospect.

"No more lies? Just truths?" She said to him and he nodded before moving to the door.

"Just truths."

"Where did you go with Alvaro then?" He knew it was a trap and unfortunately for him, he wasn't one to go back on his words.

He stopped right before he could reach out to the door handle and turned.

"McDonald's." He answered half truthfully and she narrowed her eyes at him. Of course.

"What for?"

"To get you and Clara milkshakes?" Another half-truth.

"You didn't go to get the test results then?" She asked and he almost smacked his own forehead.

"Varo got them himself." Full truth.

"Hm." She looked at him for a few moments and marched up to him. "You're hiding something." She peered into his hooded eyes.

"Am I?" He asked breathlessly, aware of their close proximity.

"You are. And you said no lies." She said, backing down from his blazing eyes for a moment.

"I'm not lying. I just don't want to tell you anything now. Not until I am at least sure of it." Or when I finally get Davis to lead me to Berlusconi.

"Okay. So you'll tell me later?" She asked, leaning closer to him. He felt she was sniffing him. He could hear her inhale after every word.

"Yes, Enny." He agreed. He would come to a conclusion after he met with Varo that night.

"Since you won't tell me now, can you do something else for me?" She asked and his forehead wrinkled in curiousity.

"Of course, anything you want." He answered and she gently brought her palm to his cheek.

"Kiss me, Tobias." She whispered making his eyes that were locked with hers flutter to her lips and back.

"What?" He whispered back, trying to keep his cool when he was torn between pushing her away and jumping from the top of the house... Or just running for the hills. The fuck?

"I'm asking you to kiss me." She leaned closer to him puckering her plump dark pink lips. Tobias did not know what to think of the situation. "It's the least you can do after lying and keeping stuff from me. Not forgetting abandoning me for 8 years—"

"I get it, Eniola." He said in a rush while she just smiled and closed her eyes.

"Any time now, Tobi." He felt her hand slip from cheek to the back of his neck and he almost lost his mind.

"A kiss on the cheek?" He asked, almost embarrassed by how weak he sounded. She just sighed and nodded.

Okay, it's just a kiss on the cheek, no need to overthink it. He thought and quickly leaned in to kiss her on her soft cheek but just as his lips touched her skin, she turned and he pecked her on her lips.

He pulled away in disbelief as he watched her grin at him.

"You've fallen for this so many times!" She laughed and he just shook his head.

Her lips felt different from before.

Then, she was only a child. It meant nothing but a joke and form of entertainment for her. Now was different, she was grown and he was beginning to feel something other than protectiveness or anything that resembled a sibling or friendship bond. Fucking hell.

In a way, he was unhappy that she would mess with him like that. Was that how she felt when she said she felt like a little sister? If it was so, the feeling sucked.

"It's been long, hasn't it?" He said and laughed along while she nodded excitedly. "Have a good night, Princess." He said opening the door and quietly walking out. There was no doubt that Varo would have been waiting for him for a while.

"Tobi?" She called just before she closed the door. "Goodnight." She stood on her toes to place a chaste kiss dangerously to his lips and smiled while his eyes widened. "And thank you for the milkshake."

He still stood, staring at the door long after she had shut it. He was wondering what the hell had happened.

"Why are you so red, sir?" The sound of Clara's voice almost made him jump.

She was in her sleeping clothes and was holding a glass of water.

"Do you have a fever? Do you want some water?" Tiredness laced her already accented voice and he just shook his head. She seemed like she had a long day.

"I'll be fine, Clara. Have a good night's sleep." He instructed and she nodded and left.

He lounged around the hallway, replying a few text messages before deciding to go join Alvaro. It was a bit of payback for making him wait at the restaurant.