Sherlock x Reader: A consulting detective in love Chapter 10

Sherlock x Reader: A consulting detective in love chapter 10 (YN) : your name (LN) : last name (HC) : hair colour (EC): Eye colour (HL): Hair Length

Chapter 10: Lets play a game of chance, Mr Holmes

Sherlock's POV

My heart was rapidly beating out of control. My mind was blank and unable to function. The doors to my mind palace were locked and were unable to be opened. (YN) snuggled close to me, her chin was resting on my shoulder. Her breathing was light and nearly completely silent. I felt as if I saw colour for the first time, different emotions and feelings that I had reserved and locked inside of me were now breaking my cold facade. Mycroft's words that created this cold facade were now forgotten and put aside.

I saw John leave the living-room, leaving (YN) and I alone. (YN) muttered something under her breath again. She then clutched my shirt between her fingers and kept muttering something under her breath in a mantra

"(YN)?" She looked at me, her eyes were red and puffy

"Sherlock, c-can y-you please come with me to t-the..."

"The what?" "T-The f-funeral." She stuttered out

My eyes widened when she asked me that"Are you sure? Are you sure you want me to attend the funeral with you?" I asked her, she quickly nodded

"Y-Yes." She stuttered out and looked at me

"I will attend the funeral with you if it consoles you in any way." She nodded and hid her face in my shoulder again My hand went to her hair, I ran my fingers through her (HL) (HC) hair, her hands were still gripping my shirt tightly. As I ran my fingers through her hair, her grip on my shirt slowly loosened. I kept doing it until her hands fell to her sides. I saw the marks that Moriarty had left on her, I gritted my teeth when I saw the one on her neck that had turned  a purple/black colour.

I knew that she needed to be checked over by John, he is a doctor after all. I felt my fingers graze her bruised neck, she flinched at my touch. 

"Its alright, I'm not going to hurt you." I muttered to her, she nodded.

I led her to the couch, she softly sat down. I sat down beside her, I looked at her. She turned her head to look at me, her eyes were dull, they had no life in them. I felt her shuffle closer to me, I then saw her curl up on the sofa and rest her head on my lap. My posture stiffened but then relaxed quickly, my hand went to her hair. I ran my fingers through her soft hair and caressed her cheek with my thumb and fingertips. Her hands were resting on my leg, her eyes were half open. I sighed and kept running my fingers through her hair. She sighed lightly. My fingers grazed the bruise again which made her whimper.

"(YN)..."

"Y-Yes Sherlock."

"Can you let John look over your wounds, especially the one on your neck needs attention."She shakily nodded and sat up, I called for John. He walked in and asked what he was needed for

"Could you please look over (YN)'s wounds?" John nodded and went to go get the first aid kit.

He came back and kneeled in front of (YN), she was shaking. I took my hand in hers and rubbed the back of her hand soothingly. John opened the kit, he wanted to sort out the mark on her neck first. He grabbed a alcohol wipe and a bandage. She closed her eyes as John wiped the alcohol wipe over the mark, where Moriarty had broken skin. She held my hand tighter as the wipe burned her skin.

I kept rubbing her hand softly as John binned the wipe and lightly put on a bandage over her neck.

"Is there any other places where he broke skin?" He asked, she shook her head