Chapter 13 - Forgiveness

Mulai dari awal

°°°

Hestia hadn't even noticed time passing as she lay secluded in one of the cabins of the ship taking her to Skellige, wearing a comfortable dress that covered all her countless cuts and scars. The dress was scarlet red, almost wine, one of Hestia's favorite colors.

Her hair covered Yennefer's lap, who lovingly and calmly untangled the many knots that had formed in Hestia's hair over the years. Many forget the details, what is taken from you when you become a prisoner. Your rights are taken away from you, and so are your pleasures and needs. Food just to keep you alive, poor hygiene, non-existent comfort. And that's what Yennefer thought about as she ran her fingers through Hestia's red hair, all that she had been deprived of not just once, but twice, rubbing rosemary oil through lock after lock, running her fingers through it, and then a wide tooth comb. She looked at her former lover, now friend, with a soft smile on her lips, as if everything finally fell into place as it should.

Yennefer felt as if her relationship with Hestia was an origami. She wanted so much to turn it into something beautiful, something romantic, and so she folded and folded and folded sheets of paper in her hand, but she had no idea how to turn that piece of paper into a real image. And then she would undo the folds, only to make them again in different shapes, leaving a little damage on each fold, leaving the paper bruised, crumpled, because she didn't know, really didn't know the step by step. 

Now she looked at Hestia and saw the origami formed, as if she had finally figured out the step by step, which fold went to which side, at which moment the square turned into a triangle and everything fit together. She still wasn't sure what the image in front of her was, but it didn't look so messy anymore, even though it still had it's marks there.

She could feel Hestia's slow, spaced-out breathing, which had fallen into a deep sleep as soon as they had entered the ship. The redhead hadn't said a word since she had killed Letus, she just looked exhausted, even with a macabre smile on her lips. And now there she was, asleep on Yennefer's lap, hugging her thigh like a tired and needy child.

"How is she?" the voice of Tissaia filled the place, causing Yennefer to look up.

"Well, at least I think she's well, not dead" Yennefer smiled lightly, trying to be as comforting as possible, watching Tissaia prop herself up against the wall "she looks so serene when she sleeps".

"doesn't even look like she has a flame burning in her chest, my little dragon girl" Tissaia commented, with a very weak laugh, staring at Hestia's long, red eyelashes "I still can't believe she's alive".

"I don't think any of us can believe it, I honestly thought we were all going to die for nothing, but the moment I saw her...".

"It was all worth it."

"yeah, it was all worth it".

"I thought I would never see her again, I thought I wouldn't get a goodbye, even though I think that's what I deserve, I don't deserve her love, Yennefer, I don't deserve her forgiveness, but still, I would still do absolutely anything for her" Tissaia walked over calmly, kneeling down in front of Hestia, gently running her index finger through a lock of the girl's hair "she's my daughter, always will be, a mother's love doesn't die, ever".