Chapter 14 - You're my destiny

Author's note: one more chapter to go I'm sentimental af

btw MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

°°°

°°°

Hestia stood there staring at Geralt waiting for an answer that never came to meet her lips, the truth is that she was completely speechless and just looking at him made her feel even more confused. Geralt didn't seem to know what to say either, he had lost his touch and it seemed that Hestia was immune to his charm. Then his slight smile became smaller and smaller, until it turned into straight lips and a rapid anxious beating heart, trying his best not to look vulnerable.

"I have so much to tell you, Hestia, that I honestly don't even know where to begin" Geralt said, staring into Hestia's ruby eyes "I should have been there for you when everything went to shit, but after all those months together and all our talk about destiny and purpose...how you wanted to save Ciri, how you wanted her safe and happy....I thought you would be angry with me for never going after her, even though she was my child of surprise, which now I can see was pure stupidity on my part, something Ciri and Yennefer have told me countless times over the years, how stupid I was..." Geralt closed his eyes for a few seconds taking a long sigh and then spoke again "in my own way, as wrong as it was, I left a note, saying goodbye, I just didn't expect everything that happened to be...to happen, I wanted to be there to protect you, I..." Geralt approached Hestia, standing face to face with her "I failed, I failed you, I failed to protect you, I failed at everything I promised, but I never stopped loving you, I never gave up looking for you Hestia and damn, fuck, you know how hard it is for me to talk about these things, about feelings and love and...shit, you get it, don't you? Fuck," Geralt grumbled, losing himself in his words and was startled to feel Hestia's hand collide with his face in a beautiful slap that would probably leave the mark of the girl's rings on his cheek, "okay, I deserved that," he said, closing his eyes for a few seconds.

But Geralt was really taken aback when he felt Hestia's warm lips crash quickly against his own, pressing her mouth against his hard and thirsty, her two hands gripping the witcher's face. The tip of Hestia's nose pressed hard against Geralt's, crushing him lightly, but she didn't care, she had thought about those lips, that kiss, that taste for years and it was like hunger after so long in misery, finally killing what was killing her, the thirst for love, the longing for affection, for that human warmth.