Part 20

BACK AT NCIS:

Jack walked out of the elevator and past Nick and Ellie in the bullpen, and smiled at them. "Hey crime fighters, does anybody know if Leon is in his office?"

"Yeah I think he is." Nick answered, looking up from his computer.

"Thank you." She says, tapping on the bullpen divider before walking up the stairs.

Once Jack was out of sight Ellie jumped up from her chair and walked to Nick's desk, she grabbed his arm and pulled him behind the stairs. "Ugh! I've been dying to tell you something all day! You won't say anything, promise?"

"Ellie, you know you can tell me anything, wait Oh my good! your not pregnant are you?!"

"WHAT! No-no-no-no! Of course not!" Ellie looked at him as if he just asked if she was secretly a werewolf. "It's Jack!"

At that moment Gibbs just walked out of the elevator and saw no one in the bullpen then he heard Nick and Ellie in their hiding spot and walked over not making a sound.

"It's Jack!"

"And... is this about her and gibbs or what?" He heard Nick ask.

"Well sorta...

"Come El you gotta spill!"

"She's flying back to California in a week!!"

Gibbs started walking back to his desk when all of a sudden stopped in his tracks.

"What! No way. When did she tell you?" Nick asked.

"Well that's just it, she didn't... earlier when I was gonna drop off the files for McGee I overheard Jack and the Director talking about it and about some guy named Joe and how he needs her!!"

After Gibbs heard this he ran up the stairs loudly and Nick and Ellie stood there in shock that he heard them.

"This ain't gonna be pretty..." Nick said.

"Oh we are so screwed..." Ellie sighed, covering her mouth.

MEANWHILE IN JACK'S OFFICE:

"Well maybe we can meet up before my flight."Jack said as she sat on the corner of her desk with her phone.

"I'd love that, at the cáfe near the hospital. Maybe tomorrow after my shift?" The young woman said from the other side.

"Yeah I think I can make that..."

Suddenly the office door swung open. "Why didn't you tell me you're going back!"

"Uh Faith honey, I'm gonna call ya back." Jack said as she ended the call. "Gibbs let me explain..."

"Explain what Jack! You're going back to California in a week!" He said, walking closer to her desk.

"Wait? Who told you about that?"

"Overheard Bishop and Torres." Gibbs scowled. "But you should have!"

Jack massaged her left temple. "Ellie? Of course she was outside Leon's office-

"Were you even gonna tell me or was I gonna get a letter for California. 'Hey cowboy guess who's gone!"

"I- Okay ya know what, first off I was going to tell you, I tried to bring it up but you shut me down. Hell I was gonna see if you... Wait, don't you bring up one of your exes with me." Jack snapped back, trying to stay calm.

"Oh and when was that?!" Gibbs said ignoring the exes comment.

"Boy for a federal agent you are dense sometimes! Don't you remember back in the petty officer's apartment?"

"Oh and I was supposed to pick up on that?" Gibbs scoffed.

"Well that was kinda the point!"

"Ugh!" Gibbs groaned then walked away from Jack, to the couch and stood facing the window

"What?" Jack rolled her eyes and followed him.

"Have fun in California, agent Sloane." He crossed his arms

"And what's that supposed to mean?" Jack pulled Gibbs' elbow.

Gibbs pushed her hand away.

"That's not fair Gibbs..

He turned back to face her. "Where does it say that life has to be fair! Huh Jack?! We both know it's not!" The hurt he felt welled in his eyes. "My wife and my daughter? Your windgos?"

Jack's face went pale. "That's hitting below the belt Gibbs!"

"SO'S YOU NOT TELLING ME FIRST!" Gibbs shouts loudly.

MEANWHILE, DOWN STAIRS:

Ellie and Nick stood around his desk, trying to hear Jack and Gibbs muffled shouts when McGee came back to the bullpen.

"Great news, the twins are good now-

Nick and Ellie both shushed McGee. "Shhhhh!"

"Huh? What's going on?" McGee asked.

"So I may have overheard Jack tell the director about how she's going back to California and it turns out that Gibbs was in the bullpen and..."

"He heard it all and ran upstairs and now Jack and Gibbs are having it out.." Nick added.

"Oh no, this week isn't gonna be goo-

Nick interrupted McGee saying. "Shhh hear that!"

They all heard a muffled shout. "So's you not telling me first!"

BACK IN UP STAIRS:

"Maybe you should just go!" Jack said, crossing her arms."

"Yeah maybe I should!" Gibbs said, walking to the door and opening it.

"Goodbye, agent Gibbs." Jack huffed.

"Bye agent Sloane!" He says before slamming the door.

MEANWHILE DOWN STAIRS:

Jimmy, Kasie, and Abby walked into the bullpen excited.

"Hey guys where's Gibbs?" Abby asked.

"Yeah we have news about the case." Kasie added.

"Uh he's in Jack's office." McGee answered reluctantly.

Then they all hear Jack's office door slam.

"Not anymore..." Ellie added, looking over at Nick.

Gibbs quickly walked down the stairs into the bullpen and to his desk.

McGee swallowed hard. "Uh boss you good?"

"Nope!" Gibbs said as he grabbed his backpack and swiftly walked to the elevator, clicked the button.

"Wait Gibbs, we have new information about the case!" Jimmy shouts.

But he was too late, the elevator doors opened, Gibbs rushed inside and disappeared.

AT GIBBS' HOUSE:

He unlocked the front door then walked inside, dropping his backpack on the floor not two feet from the door.

Gibbs sighed, running his hand through his hair.

Then his phone rings and he looks down at the number. Gibbs rolls his eyes saying. "Not now McGee" before putting it back in his pocket and walking up stairs to his bedroom.