Part 16

The rest of Friday and Saturday passed uneventfully for Gibbs, his team, Kate and Kelly. Now it was Sunday morning, the day of the funeral.

Gibbs walked down the driveway to his truck then opened the door for the girls.

Kate slid over to the passenger side, put her on the window and looked out solemnly, hugging herself as she wore her dad's Marine Corps hoodie.

Gibbs lifted Kelly into the truck and then got in himself.

As Gibbs started to pull out of the driveway Kelly leaned on his right shoulder and said. "Do you think we could get peach ice cream afterwards? It's uncle Jesse's favorite."

"Yeah I think we can." Gibbs says, driving down the street.

MEANWHILE ACROSS TOWN:

"Huh, are you sure you wanna do this?" A woman asked as she looked over someone's shoulder at a computer.

"Well I mean it could help us, you never know what could happen and there's no way he'll know."

"He's Gibbs, I wouldn't be surprised if he is a psychic." Abby says, taking a sip of her caf-pow as she stands behind Kasie's chair.

"I didn't think you believed in that kind of stuff, besides what if Gibbs kidnapped, captured by terrorists or something." Kasie asked.

"Huh, I think if some people who can talk to ghosts and why not Gibbs. And well... yeah I don't want anything to happen to him, again.. He's been though a lot."

"And with that." Kasie clicked her computer. "It's done."

"We make a good team, Hines!" Abby says high fiving Kasie.

"That we do Sciuto!" Kasie smiled, hip checking Abby.

AT THE CEMETERY:

Gibbs sat next to Kate with Kelly on his lap in the first row of chairs set up outside, the Priest's words were brief but moving, exactly what you'd expect him to say.

After the Marines folded the flag from gunnery sergeant Gray's casket, one of the Marines presented it to Kate.

Before lowering the casket into the ground the three dozen people that had attended lined up to say their final goodbyes.

Kate stood and started walking then She looked back at Kelly and said. "Kelly?"

Kelly looked at her sister then to Gibbs.

"Come on." Gibbs said as he lifted Kelly off his lap on the ground and stood up and the three of them walked to the back of the line.

Soon they where almost to the front with only one guy in front of them.

Gibbs looked up at the man ahead of them when he whispered to the gunnery sergeant. "You son of ah..." the man laughed. "I'll miss you, ya know in my own way." He pats the casket and turns to leave, bumping into Kate. "Sorry kid." He smiles slightly as he walked away.

Kate shrugs it off and walks up to the casket and looked down at Jesse Gray, she puts a small piece of paper inside and says. "Goodbye uncle Jesse, thanks for everything."

Kelly pulls out a drawing from her dress pocket, gets up on her tiptoes and puts it on Gray's gunnery sergeant uniformed chest. "Bye bye uncle Jesse, I miss you. And when you see mommy and daddy in heaven tell 'em I miss them too."

Kate, Gibbs and Kelly walk to the table with some drinks and food and other refreshments.

A couple of Gray's friends were talking with Kate and Kelly, Jack walked over to where Gibbs stood leaning against one of the pillars of the Pavilion.