❄️ 18

It's been a week after you killed the Lower Moon Three and you being a hashira isn't announced yet.

The master congratulated you when you reported to him and told you that you're promotion will be announced in the next hashira meeting.

Now, you were walking back to the Butterfly Estate after helping Shinobu find some herbs that she needs for her medicines.

She was pretty good at making medicines, especially poisons. There was one time that she kept teasing you that she put poison in your lunch, although there actually wasn't because she wouldn't do that, you still doubted and ran away from the estate and eat somewhere else. Thankfully you met Sanemi and told him about what Shinobu did and let you eat in his place.

"We're back!" You exclaimed when you stepped inside the estate.

"Oh, welcome back," Aoi said and helped you two on placing down your baskets. "The Water Hashira was here earlier, looking for you."

"Who? Me?" You asked.

Aoi nodded. "I said that you're gone with Shinobu-san, and he said that if you came back, you should meet him at his estate."

You frowned. "At what reasons?"

"Tomioka-san really considered you a friend," Shinobu said and giggled. "You should go."

Humming in response, you made your way outside the estate to Giyuu's estate. Surprisingly, there were no hashiras to meet on your way not like the usual where you alsways bump into someone. Today's clear. And it's unusual.

A moment later, you arrived in front of his gate and knocked on it. A few seconds and the gate opened, revealing him of course. "I've heard you wanted to see me," you grinned.

A faint smile curved into his lips as he patted your head. "Sorry for calling. I've never seen you after you came back from your mission."

You squinted your eyes. "Do you perhaps missed me? Oh come on, Tomioka-san—"

"Little girl, I am worried for putting you in that situation," he said and removed his hand from your head. "And then I've heard that you survive."

An awkward giggle escaped your mouth. "Well, the demon forced me to kill him...I can't really consider that a test...But it happened, so I guess it's what it is."

"I'm glad you survived. Now you're not my Tsuguko anymore, you really left me alone," he said.

"Eh?" you muttered. "How did I leave you alone? You won't die, so you don't need a successor!"

"Yes, whatever," he said and led you inside. "Though, Kocho will keep annoying me now that I have no one, you know her."

You chuckled. "Why are you so affected, anyways? You really believed her when she said no one likes you, yes?"

"Is she wrong?"

You rolled your eyes. "Duh! Of course she is! I like you!" You said while crossing your arms. "I consider you a brother after you took care of me since last year."

Brother? Really? he thought. "Should I thank you?"

"This is why Shinobu-san loves to annoy you," you said. "And yes, you better thank me because I can prove her wrong when it comes to 'everyone disliking you', absolutely!"

He turned around. "Thank you...?"

"Is that even a statement?"

"Thank you," he said and patted your head once again.

"Even Shinobu-san said you have no friends, but I told her that you have me," you beamed.

You sat on the staircase while he went inside to get something but you can still hear him talking. "Since when did we became friends?"

An irk mark appeared in your forehead. "That's it! I take it back. I'm siding Shinobu-san now," you snapped. "No..One..Likes..Tomioka..Giyuu—"

"Yes, yes, you don't need to tell me twice," he said. "Okay fine, then you are my friend."

"Man, your mood is literally swinging back in forth," you muttered as he gets back and handed you a cup of tea. "Chamomile?" He nodded.

"Your two brothers hates me—"

"Who cares if they are," you said. "What can they do when I want to do it? Those two are just letting me do whatever I want anyways."

"They are totally spoiling you," Giyuu said.

"Well, I like it better than them being strict at all," you said and started sipping your tea.

"Congratulations by the way," he said. "In just a short amount of time, you literally climbed the ranks."

You chuckled. "A thirteen year old hashira," you mumbled. "Do you think everyone will respect me if I became a hashira? Because you know, I'm young and they might just make fun of me."

"They dare to do that and they'll regret it," he said. "Even Oyakata-sama forbids the others to disrespect the pillars. Once your promotion is officially announced, I'm sure it'll be a widespread and reach everyone."

"I'm not that afraid if they'll disrespect me...I'm afraid about them doubting me 'cause I am a kid and who knows what my strength could be."

"That seems like you are doubting yourself," Giyuu said. "Look, I've watched you train for how long and I saw how you improved every each day. You even left the Breath of Water for something that's more powerful, that only you can use... And you are still doubting yourself?"

"My Breath of Ice is really powerful but I am not," you said and chuckled.

"F/N, the day we learned about the Breath of Ice, we know how strong you can be. Aren't you the chosen one? The only one who can use it?" He said. "So why doubt yourself when you can still train?"

"Ahh, seriously? It's not that I care, but I really hate being called weak. But I guess you are right, I'll just continue training until my limiter comes off," you said.

to be continued.