Chapter 42

“Judge me, and you’ll have no time left to love me.” – Drake

---

The couple of days were a breeze for me. Though we’re very busy, we were happy busy. My work can not get any better than this.

I was earning loads of commissions. Hindi ako particular sa pera pero for me money is a measure. I was earning more money on top of my salary kasi I was doing something good, something that’s working and I plan to keep it that way.

Friday night at lumabas kami nila Sunita at Emile kasama ng mga partners nila at si Hashmi. Lagi nila akong tinutukso sa kanya.

“He’s still young guys. Let him meet women his age,” sabi ko. Nasa hottest club kami in London. Treat namin ‘to sa mga sarili namin after a week of hard work. Medyo tipsy na kaming lahat, konting kembot na lang lasing na talaga kami.

“22 is not young to love whoever Aileen, whatever their age is,” sabi ni Emile.

“Stop it, stop it,” sabi ni Hashmi. “I am sure he has guys waiting for her back in the Philippines. Even our boss, Jake.”

“Ooh, are you and the boss really together now? We thought it was the first Trainer as he was always looking at you,” sabi ni Sunita.

“But the bloke who visited before that was your Partner is that right?” Emile asked.

Hindi lang pala Pilipino ang mga chismoso.

“No. I’m not related to any of them,” sabi kong proud. For the first ever, I was proud of the statement. Nung una after nagbreak kami ni Maynard, lumung lumo ako, pero ngayon, I am very very happy. I’ve become me, not associated with anyone. Walang with. Just me. Just Aileen.

“Choose then! From the many men here!” sabi ni Sunita. “I can’t choose now as I have Hashid,” biro ni Sunita pero bumawi sya and she kissed her boyfriend Hashid. They’re engaged and happy though it’s an arranged marriage.

“Aileen is for Hashmi, Sunita,” tukso ni Katarina, ang Russian beauty na partner ni Emile. “Don’t make Aileen look at others.”

British people don’t usually get married. Most of those who marry, do it for the party. Katarina and Emile have been together for five years and for them that’s it. They’re together period. Sunita and Hashid are to marry to value their families’ tradition as they are from India.

Most Filipinos, and others who share the same thinking, look to the end game: kasal. Kaya nakakapressure, kasi kailangang kasal na pag ganitong edad, dapat may asawa ka na, kapag ganito. Matagal na kayo? Dapat kasal na. Bakit hindi pa?

Dito wala. Walang ganong pressure. People are free to love without levels.

Of course this is just my point of view, they may have their own issues and I don’t know that yet, I haven’t been here that long. Pero the way Emile and Katarina hold each other was just inspiring, walang nagtatanungan kung kelan ang kasal, walang deadline, walang hinahabol, walang dapat gawin para sa sarili bago ang deadline.