Moving on

"Yes, that was why I couldn't come to school but can we not talk about my mom Mrs. Ariel?"

          "Yes dear but if you need anything, am here for you."

          I nod my head since I don't really want to talk about this matter any further.

         "Ok let's go to class now."

         We head to the classroom and the rest of the day is spent on useless ranting between classes and what happened to my mom. William came to pick me up today, something my mom used to do everyday. I really miss seeing her around.

         "How was school today?" Bastard asks me and I flinch at his voice.

          "It was ok, nothing unusual." I reply and he hums, walking to his study. Why bother asking me when he's not ready to listen or pay attention.

         William pats my shoulder taking me by surprise. I look to his face and see emotion conveying in his eyes which I can't quite put my finger on.

        "Go do your homework. I'll send your food in a bit, ok?"

         "Ok."

         "Good girl." He says and walks off to where dad just went and I head to my room slumping on my bed. I feel exhausted trying all day to take in what everyone kept saying.

         Why was William acting so good to me since yesterday? What's his game? I try to think so hard but I can't figure the puzzle that's William.

       I sit up and do my homework and try to study to keep my mind as busy as I can so I can't end up thinking about everything that's happened and so I can also try to catch up on school since I was distracted all day.

       I don't want to have a bad report in my class records. Mom always told me to study hard so that I could be able to become independent in the future and never depend on my devil for a father.

        Soon as I finish my revision, I hear a slight knock on my door and head to open the door. Am faced with William and a tray of food with him.

       I give him a small smile to which he returns with an attractive smile. Looking at him really close, he is good looking. His green eyes are bright but hold no emotion unlike earlier or maybe I just imagined it.

      I move slightly to give him room so he can come in. He walks in and puts the tray on the table in the left side of my room.

      "Make sure to eat all that and have a good rest. I'll see you tomorrow." He says when he reaches me by the door and I nod in approval. I smile at his effort in caring although I see he kinda feels awkward. I am guessing he's never done that before or maybe he isn't used to me just yet.

      "Thanks. Good night."

     "Good night." He walks out and shuts the door behind him but not before I notice a small smile on his lips. He doesn't seem at all like the ruthless man he's rumored to be.

     He seems more of a friendly person than anything or maybe he's like this only around  me. I shake my head trying not to think about him.

     I take a seat and eat the food then sleep after taking a long hot bath and changing into something comfy for the night.

..........................

      Nine. It's been nine good years since my mom's death. Been nine fucking years of trying so hard to move on. Nine years of building myself to be strong so that one day I can defeat my father.