Chapter 8: Enchanted

Începe de la început

Jungkook groans and sits on the cold floor like a kid. You look down to him and stare.

"What?" He asks.

You didn't answer and starts walking away from him.

"Where are you going?" He asks you.

"Maybe the king wants company," you answered.

Jungkook quickly shuffles to stand up. Worried that you might do something to the king. Worried that he might actually fall for you romantically. He runs after you.

"Heesung said I take you for a walk," he mutters.

"Do you expect me to come with you? The two of us, alone?" You glare at him.

"What's with that attitude? Have you forgotten that I am a royal?"

"Have you forgotten that you almost killed me?"

"I already apologized!"

"Why are you shouting?!"

Jungkook groans.

So difficult. He thinks to himself.

"I said I already apologized," he answers in a more relaxed tone.

"Half heartedly that is," you shot him another glare.

"One more glare and —"

"And what?" You ask him and stop dead in your tracks.

Your gem-like eyes boring into him. The torches that lit the hallway relfected in your eyes making them shine in this dim hallway. Jungkook stares at you. From your one eye to the other and to your nose that's flaring gently because of sheer annoyance and then to your lush lips. He seemed to be so in trance that he didn't realize his tongue darting out to wet his lower lip.

You start to tap your shoe on the floor, flicking Jungkook's trance off. He glares at you and walks ahead.

"Follow me," he orders.

"No," you defy him.

"You want me to carry you?" He turns around to walk towards you.

Your breath got caught in your throat.

What the hell. Was all you could say.

You march your way to him without eye contact.

"Thought so," he mutters.

You and the second prince walks out and into the lake that's situated at the back of the palace. The sun is setting so everything his hued orange and pink. Even the waters and the grass that's under your shoes. Jungkook walks ahead and halts in the lake's shore. You walk beside him and look at him who's staring into the lake.

"Any minute now, they'll come out," he mutters to himself more than you.

You look at where his eyes are looking and see nothing.

"What is?" You ask him.

He didn't answer and just continues to look around.

"Don't tell me there are crocodiles here," you commented.

Still no answer.

"Hey," you call for his attaention again.

"Will you be patient?" Jungkook looks at you, his brows drawn together in his new-found annoyance for you.

You shut your mouth and nodded.

After a few more minutes, the sky has turned to a deep shade of orange that is swirled with the nightsky. Soon your eyes glowed in amazement and excitement when fireflies starts appearing . Like the sky above you that's slowly unveiling the twinkling stars, so does the view infront of you. Your eyes sparkle with joy and you start gasping in excitement.

Jungkook, who finds comfort in this has shared it to you. He starts to regret bringing you here but when he was about to pull you and leave, the sight infront of him almost made his heart cave in.

The fireflies perched on your hair and flies around you. The soft light lits you with so much gentleness that it made you look like a fairy. Huh, Jungkook hated fairytales. Yet here you are giving him the same energy as the ones he read in books when he was a kid.

He could only stare.

His hand itches to touch your face but he didn't dare.

Your soft giggles entered his ears like gentle harps being plucked by a musician.

What the hell. He thinks.

You realize he's staring at you so you raise your brow at him.

"What?" You ask him.

Jungkook must've realized what he was doing so he draws his brows together again. He looks back at you with annoyance.

Fake

You're still not worthy of my trust. He says it to himself.

"Go back inside, your food is probably ready," with that, he marches away from you. His boots trudging noisily on the grovels.

"Him and his mood swings," you mutter.

You look around one more time to bath yourself in the beauty of the night with the stars above and here with you. With one last smile, you decide to walk back in.

•••

Unedited