Chapter 16: Hide and seek

Start from the beginning

I paused and frowned at her words. She is really full of herself. I couldn't help but to shake my head at her. And finally, I couldn't control myself and I let it all out.

"Jessica Koh, don't be too happy just yet. I can't believe that all these while you were just thinking of how smart you are that you didn't even realise something. Be prepared to pack up your bags from the Tuan's house and head back to your own home!"

She winced at the disgust in my voice and glared at me.

"What do you mean?"

It was now my turn to pursed my mouth in a self satisfied smirk.

"Your schemes are all exposed. Joey told it all and Mark knows of everything now."

Her expression changed when she heard me.

"Anyway, this is for you", I then handed her a pocket mirror,

"I thought that you might need it to do some self reflection now", I took a step closer to her and whispered into her ears,

"Pssst, you look REALLY UGLY."

-
-
-

WENDY'S POV

As Yugyeom was still introducing himself to me, someone knocked on the door.

A head popped in from behind the door and it took me by surprise.

Jin? What is he doing here?!

"Hyung!", Yugyeom stood up and greeted him first.

He smiled back at him,

"Do you mind giving Wendy-ssi and I some private time?"

Yugyeom understood right away and he left the ward, leaving me with Jin now.

"So... Do you remember me?", that was the first sentence he asked as he slowly walked to my side.

I sighed and looked into his eyes.

"Oppa..."

"Eh?", he looked shocked at first but he eventually came forward and pulled me into his embrace.

I didn't want hide anything from him as he has always been my pillar of support. Out of all people, he was the only one I could trust the most now.

I began sniffling into his sleeves and he held me even tighter while softly patting onto my back.

"I'm tired. I'm tired of everything, so I chose to hide and told a lie...", I explained.

"Uljima...", he replied and caressed my cheeks,

"That's why oppa's here... I will bring you to a safe and peaceful place."

-
-
-

MARK'S POV

"Hyung, are you really going to stay here like this? You are just letting go of Wendy-ssi after all that you guys have been through?", JB kept nagging beside me after Jin left us for the hospital.

What Jin had said to me kept circling in my mind,

"I'm only here to tell you that I'm bringing Wendy-ssi back."

Maybe he's right. It is probably for the best that Wendy stays with him. I recalled that Wendy was always happy around him and on contrary, she was always hurting whenever she's with me.

Am I really a jinx to her? I really wanted to let go her since she's suffering so much but why does my heart cringed whenever I give it a thought?