"We are not going to contact them."

"W-What? WHAT?!"

"How do you expect me to trust them to handle this when they can even remember to track a phone? Are you serious? If it was up to me I wouldn't have gotten them involved in this family matter in the first place."

"So, what then?"

"Obviously, I'm going to find them myself."

"E-Excuse me?"

"Obviously, I'm going to find them myself."

"A-Alpha, are you crazy?!"

"If you want something done it is best to do it yourself. I'll bring one of my guns to protect myself and put him in his place. God, you wouldn't believe how much I want to put him in his place."

"A G-GUN?!"

"Yes. I probably have a better shot than any of those police pigs any-"

Charlie grabbed Alpha's face harshly in a way Alpha has never experienced.

"YOU ARE NOT LEAVING ME!"

Alpha just widened his eyes. Charlie, seeing this instantly pulled away.

"...W-Wait... Oh my God, I'm sorry."

"...It is ok, hon." Alpha brought his hand up to stroke Charlie's face, trying his best to calm him. He sighed when he saw tears were building up in his eye again. "You know I'm tough. I'll be ok."

"I know you are! It just makes me so uncomfortable. Why can't we just tell the police and your mother. Please just for once can you not get your way and listen to me?"

"You feel like I don't listen to you?" Alpha was taken aback. He thought he was the best partner ever.

"J-Just..." Charlie pushed away to stand up. "Please go with me to the police station instead in the morning. Please, promise me."

Alpha sighed and weighed his options. He didn't want to upset his fiancé anymore, so he took his hand.

"I promise."

Charlie's weak smile left a pit in his stomach.
————
Beta could feel himself slowly come out of the depths of his slumber, light was hitting his eyes and he did not enjoy it whatsoever. Groaning, he turned to the opposite direction and rubbed at his eyelids. They felt so tired from crying still.

He gently hoisted himself into a sitting position, confused as to why he was alone in the backseat. He clearly remembered Fred being by his side when he fell asleep. Looking around, he spotted the plant in the front seat.

He seemed to be back in his default form, which made Beta question for how long he has been asleep. Poor demon, it seemed like he already used up all his energy on napping with him.

"Fred?" he called, prompting the demon to look back at him.

"Oh, hello Beta. As you can see, nighttime has already fallen, so I turned on the car lights. I hope you can forgive me for waking you up."

"Yeah, it's okay. Just..." Bata exhaled, looking around again, "I was thinking about something a while ago."

Fred's tendrils stopped messing with the radio as he turned his full attention on the human.

"What might that be?"

"Fred, we've been under so much stress lately. Running away from here and there. I was thinking..." Beta leaned over towards the plant, - "If you would like to go visit a drive in movie theater? Most are closed nowadays but I'm sure we can find one."