First Day

Mayako's POV:

Like clockwork, Dai's girlfriend, Raimu came over to pick her up. I looked up to her and still do. I thought it was so bad ass to be a delinquent, and I always thought about it. But, I know that I'll never be as cool as them, let alone be a delinquent.

I opened the door and greeted Lime Streak.

She hugged me and asked where Dai was. I pointed upstairs signaling that she was in her room. I wasn't much of a talker when it came to being around her, but she knew that so she didn't push it much.

There was yet another ring at the doorbell and I instantly knew who it was. It was Hanako Yamada, my long time best friend in the whole world. She tells me like it is, and she's always supportive in every decision I make, even if it bites me in the ass in the long run. I hugged her and smiled. She makes me feel like I can be myself when I'm around her. I usually don't like talking to other people without her around because, I get all tongue tied.

"So I know that you're probably excited for your first day!" Hanako squealed.

I sighed with happiness and felt a rush in my body.

"Duh! I can't wait! It's gonna be so exciting!" I replied as I grabbed a soda for Hanako and I out of the fridge.

We got our things together and went on to school.

I bumped into some girl with a mask, and before anything happened, I was being pushed up against the lockers.

???: WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING GOT IT?!

"I'm-s-sorry..." I stammered.

???: Better be or I'd-

"PUT HER DOWN OR I'LL TURN YOUR BLOOD INTO FRUIT JUICE!"

Daishi had her fists balled up, eyeing the girl that had me against the lockers.

???: S-sorry Dai-San...

"Touch her again and I'll fucking murder you got it?!"

She meant that. When it came to anyone messing with me, she wouldn't hesitate.

???: Y-Yes...

She replied with a stutter as she put me down and ran off with Dai hugging me protectively.

"You okay? DID SHE HIT YOU?!" She then examined my face for bruises or marks.

"I'm fine, I just bumped her by accident." I replied with a sigh.

"Deja vu..." Daishi murmered.

"Bless you!"

"I didn't sneeze Maya...I had deja vu that same thing happened to me and that's how I met Lime." She replied with a small chuckle.

"Cute." I laughed.

"Yeah, but don't talk to her, she's a new recruit delinquent. Delinquents aren't good people and as long as I'm here, then no one is going to touch you, not even them."

"Thanks Dai Dai. You're the best." I smiled.

"Don't remind me. You be careful today okay? I mean it when I say not to talk to those fuckers." And with that, Daishi walked away calmly.

"IT'S SO COOL TO HAVE A SISTER LIKE HER! I WISH MY BROTHER WAS A DELINQUENT TO JUST SCARE THE RECRUITS OFF LIKE THAT!" Hanako squealed.

"It's not as cool as it seems..."

They both paused for a second.

"OH WHO AM I KIDDING?! IT IS BAD ASS!" I jumped up and down

They both squealed with excitement.

"I think you should talk to the aggressive delinquent that jacked you up. You didn't get a rush from it?"

I blushed. "The way she jacked me up got me flustered but, yeah it gave me one definitely."

Lime Streak happened to walk by as they were talking.

"I know you aren't talking about those new recruits. Those are kids you don't want to get into shit with and I say that for a reason."

"But..."

"I don't want to hear it Maya. I know that It seems like a dream to be a delinquent, but it's way more than what you think okay? It ruins your rep, people are judgemental and then some. You have to go through a lot and I mean a lot. If you and Hanako want to be one, then I'll talk to Osoro and you can talk to Dai which will mostly be a no, but just ask to see if it's okay with her but for now, just focus on your school work and we'll talk about this after school."

I jumped up and down with excitement in my voice.

"Okay! Thanks so much Lime!"

Lime and I hugged before going off to look for my sister.

"Are you sure you want to become a bad ass delinquent?" Hanako pushed.

"Never been so sure! And you should join me!"

Hanako scoffed.

"Pah-lease! Taro would never let me be a delinquent, he even said it himself."

"I think you should sweet talk him tonight and try to get on his good side." I suggested.

"Hopefully it works then. I'll see you at lunch?"

"Yes you will."

They both hugged before heading off to separate classes.