6

The night was peaceful once more as Crusher drove up to his father's room. Xander had encouraged him to drive up for a night flight so they could bond. He knocked on the door.

"Um... father...?"

"...come in,"

Crusher took a deep breath and drove into the room to find his father prepping his dark cape. Beejay turned to him.

"Is there something you want?"

"Yes..." Crusher nodded. "I was wondering... can we... go on a night flight together...?"

Beejay dropped his cape. "What?"

Crusher gulped as he sighed. "I... I want to get to know you, father, I... I'm sorry with what I said last night..."

"..." Beejay sighed before smiling. "I... I know you didn't mean it,"

"Really...?"

"Yes," Beejay turned and drove forward. "You... You were mad, and I suppose your anger was understandable," He then sighed. "I... I am an awful father, after all..."

"But... you saved me from Mika earlier, didn't you...?"

Beejay stiffened. "How... How did you know?"

"Xander told me."

Beejay's tense eased as he smiled. "Of course he did,"

"So... can we go on that night flight?" Crusher wondered.

"Of course we can. Why don't we go right now?"

Crusher lit up and nodded. The father and son quickly turned into bats before flying off on their night flight. As they flew off to leave, Ara flew in her bat form before transforming back into her vampire form with a smirk.

"There they are... time to put my plan into work."

She zoomed through the hall, quick and swift. She watched as the duo fly higher and higher, giving her time to head to the garden. There, she found Xander picking fruit from the garden. She snuck up from behind him before raising the stake.

Xander felt someone creep up from behind him. He turned and yelped to see who it was. "Ara?!?"

"This is what you get for getting my sister BANISHED!" Ara laughed before lowering the stake, hitting Xander's wings.

"AGH!!!" Xander fell with a hiss, blood dripping down his wings. "What are you even trying to achieve here?!"

"You'll see," Ara took out another knife, one with the letter 'B' engraved in it. "That father and son would NEVER get along if they thing Beejay tried to kill you!"

"You're PSYCHOTIC!"

"I know," Ara chuckled and turned to see the father and son approach them. "Oh, and it seems they heard your scream! Good luck!"

And with that, she zipped off.

Meanwhile, Crusher and Beejay both gasped as they found Xander on the ground, bleeding.

"Xander!" Crusher exclaimed, rushing to his side. "What-- what happened?!"

Then, his eyes trailed down to the knife in the grass. He picked it up, and Beejay's eyes widened.

"That's... That's my knife..." he murmured before shaking his head. "But I didn't do this! I was with you the whole time!"

"Then... how did it get here...?"

"A-Ara..." Xander was spitting out blood as he hissed.

"Ara? Who's that?" Crusher asked.

"Mika's sister." Beejay snarled as he picked up Xander. "Come on, we need to get him to the vampire healer!"