"My parents wouldn't say something bad about you, they're fans." 

He sighed, "I appreciate that, but it doesn't make me feel any better about my sad excuse of a mother." 

"Vince," I sang, "come on. Let it be." 

He held my gaze. 

"Let it be," I repeated, nodding softly. 

He moved up to his knees, bending to give me one kiss before standing up, stretching. 

"Are you going somewhere?" I asked. 

"You don't have plans." 

"No, I'm going to the gym." 

"Again?" 

"I need to blow off some steam, I figured the gym would be better than here. I won't be long. Maybe an hour." 

I hummed softly in understanding. 

He paused, eyeing me. "Do you want to come?" 

"To the gym? With you?" 

"With who else?" 

"I don't know... Working out isn't really my thing," I mumbled. I have these sprouts of fitness around two times a year. A sudden boost of fitness but I usually don't go beyond running or jogging. I was able to do that at my old apartment because there's a park nearby there. But here, it's just the gym. 

"You don't have to work out if you don't want to. You can keep me company." 

I watched him for a moment. 

"You can think about it while I go change, yeah?" 

"Yeah," I nodded softly while he went upstairs. I checked the time on my phone, my eyes going to the date. 

It's November fifth. Which means Thanksgiving is coming up and then Christmas which means I get to go home. Every year since I moved to Boston, I go to see my parents for Christmas and come back only after New Year's. Once I got out of college and started working for Vince, I would go on the twentieth of December because by then, usually, his season was up. The season usually ends before then and since all the players are taking a break off-season, the assistants can too. 

I only get to see my parents once a year and I miss them at other times, so I'm always looking forward to it. I think I will tell them about Vince when I visit them. My dad would pass out of shock and happiness and my mom would be happy for me too. 

Vince came jogging down and stopped at the end of the couch, grabbing my legs and squeezing them once. "You coming?" 

I nodded and stood up, pulling my slippers on. We headed to the gym, which was empty at this hour of the day. I took a seat on the floor with my back to the mirrors and watched him work out. 

He did some heavyweights, ran on the treadmill, and then walked over to me, grabbed a mat, and rolled it out in front of me. He sat down for a minute, watching me. He was a little out of breath, sweating everywhere but he still looked attractive. Which is just unfair.