✢ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

"ᵂʰᵉʳᵉ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ ⁱˢ ⁱᵐᵃᵍⁱᵃᵗⁱᵒᵗʰᵉʳᵉ ⁱˢ ʰᵒʳʳᵒʳ."
ᴬʳᵗʰᵘʳ ᶜᵒᴰᵒʸˡᵉ

✮ ✢ ✮ ✢ ✮

We meet once more, my fellow scholars...

James Potter and Narcissa Black were talking to the population of Hogwarts. It was a few days after the full moon night and the morning of truth that proceeded it.

Since it was October, there was a known holiday that all the kids liked. October was known as the spooky season because it contained the tricking or treating holiday of Halloween.

They were talking about the Halloween Ball they were planning where third-year students and higher were allowed to wear whatever costume they wished to wear.

"Please make sure it is appropriate," said Narcissa Black, although deep down she knew some rule-breakers would not follow the rule.

There was also a costume contest, where there will be two people named King and Queen of Costumes. That idea was created by James Potter just to add a little challenge to choosing the costume. The rule to that contest is you had to be the only one wearing your costume or else you would be disqualified from the contest. That made people want to get creative, digging the ground for rare ideas for Halloween.

Why were the first and second years not invited? I guess we will find out when we meet once more...

We meet once again, my fellow scholars.

Well, I guess this is the portion where you discover why first and second years were not invited. Maybe you have been waiting for this and maybe you have not, but you are going to find out nonetheless.

Why they were not invited is quite simple. The only way students were allowed to find costumes was either to make something from their own closet or buy something from Hogsmeade. Maybe even a mix of both.

Originally, it was supposed to be only seventh-year students. At least that was what Narcissa thought, but James pointed out that there would be no fun if there wasn't a mass of people attending.

"There has to be a majority for it to be called a ball," James had pointed out when they started planning.

Narcissa only allowed it to reach third-year students as a minimum while James wanted it to be all of Hogwarts. When he tried to get more students, Narcissa almost canceled the entire thing and cursed him to another planet.

Those who were not allowed to attend would get something else, and that promise alone was the reason first and second-year students did not begin to riot.

"You'll have your own party that Frank and Alice will supervise in the Gryffindor common room," James Potter promised them when he gathered all of them far away from the ears of Narcissa Black or anyone who would report back to her. "You just have to keep this a secret and you can dress up however you like. You can even not dress up or go in your pajamas as long as this is kept concealed and nobody ever knows besides us three grown-ups and you."

Almost all of them hugged James, and then Alice and Frank because they knew without those two, the Head Boy's plan might have not worked.

"Remember-"