✢ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

"ᴵᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ᵖˡᵃʸ ᵍᵃᵐᵉˢ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵍᵒ ᵗᵒ ᵇᵉ ᵖˡᵃʸ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᵃˡᵒ."
ˢᵒʸᵃ ᴾᵃʳᵏᵉʳ

✮ ✢ ✮ ✢ ✮

"The fact that the Marauders have not done their first prank yet is scaring me," admitted Lilith to the girls as they walked to the Great Hall - the place where they were meant to have breakfast before classes.

"Fuck," muttered Shantelle. "You're right."

"They usually make it during the Welcoming Feast," pointed out the redhead from the trio. "The fact that it's the first day of October and they haven't done a single prank is odd."

"Maybe that's the prank? Them being quiet?" guessed Pandora Lestrange, who was walking in the middle of the group. She looked back-and-forth Lilith and Shantelle as she continued her hypothesis. "Maybe that was their plan. To be fashionably late that mostly everyone forgets."

"Or they be on the edge of their seats afraid of what the Marauders would do as their last first prank," said James as he walked beside the girls, stretching his arm around Lilith's shoulders.

She ducked and glared at him. He kept his hands to himself, cozy in his pockets, as they continued to walk.

"Looking good, Selwyn," winked Dorcas Meadows as she walked beside the trio.

"Thank you, Meadows," nodded Shantelle. "Do you know any new news about Slytherin's Quidditch team?"

"I don't know," shrugged Dorcas. She pointed her chin toward James for a second. "He's your Captain. Ask him."

"Our Captain is your best friend," pointed out Shantelle.

"For the unfortunate cause, yes he is," sighed Dorcas Meadows.

"Oi! Vixen!"

"Sorry, Prongs," snorted Dorcas.

"As for any news, Selwyn, the first match is Slytherin against Hufflepuff," smirked James as he looked at Lilith.

"Do you two know about the bet?" asked Marlene McKinnon as she appeared behind Shantelle and Pandora, laying an elbow on each girl's shoulder.

"Yes," both girls answered simultaneously.

"Who do you think will win?" asked Remus as he joined the walking group. He was somehow reading a book while walking and let me tell you that is very possible if you have a good sense of your surroundings.

"James," answered Pandora and Shantelle simultaneously.

"Oi! You lot are supposed to be on my side!" exclaimed Lilith.

"Well, how do we put this together?" asked Pandora as she looked at Shantelle. Shantelle's eyes grew before she looked at the floor which seemed more interesting at the current moment.

"My dear cousin has a short temper?" filled in Sirius Black as he also walked behind the group.

"I do not!"