"Hey, don't knock it!"

"So what's fate gotta say about Greta then? Because you weren't there, and no one saw it as clearly as I did. Julien had a habit of cheating on her and gaslighting her, and the only way she could balance the scales was if she did the same for the sake of payback. He wasn't just abusive to her; she was the same to him, too."

"And you think she'll make the same mistake again?"

"She's already making it!"

"Well, you think that with Kelly or Lulu or even Malik will let Greta stick to that part of herself?"

"Your sisters have their own life to live. And Malik's-"

"Nowhere near being done with that girl," He said to her in the passenger seat of that car. "Kelly wasn't the only one noticing all the shit he was getting into back in the day. If what you guys say is true about the two of them, then it's only a matter of time before he's back to being at her beck and call, girlfriend or not."

And Cora shook her head as she carefully drove towards snowy traffic. "What if she pushes them all away?" She asked. "She's done it before. She'll do it again."

"Has she pushed you away, yet?" She shook her head at his question almost instantly. And then he shrugged before speaking again. "C'mon, lemme get you something to eat."

She drove them both to a small diner. And they found refuge in a booth outlooking the snow steadily falling over her car. Cora gazed at it wistfully, almost too attentive on it to lose focus of Marcus's voice when he ordered for the both of them. 

But long after the period of much needed silence, Cora brought her gaze up to see Marcus standing over a jukebox. 

Soft-sounding, soulful Christmas music swarmed the speakers and soothed its way into the atmosphere. It made her smile, watching him walk back over to her. But instead of waiting for him to sit back down, Cora made the impulsive decision to instead stand up. 

The tune played ever so tenderly around them, and she took his hands into hers. "Since there's no one else around, and we're already waiting on our food..." 

He scoffed, however, already expecting the next few words to leave her mouth. "Girl, you're gonna embarrass the both of us right now. I got left feet."

Cora laughed. "I'll lead. C'mon, it'll make me feel better." 

With that, he obliged to her wishes and wrapped his arms around her. Her head was on his chest, her arms around his waist. They steps across the floor was gentle and cautious. 

Already, with just a few sways moving them about, she smirked to herself as she realized that what Marcus said had been so damn true. "I feel bad for your prom date," She teased. 

"C'mon, it ain't that bad." 

"It's pretty bad ah- HEY!" Hard laughs fell from her lips as soon as he made her body swing in his grasp. Basking in the sudden exhilaration of the moment, she still couldn't help but slap his chest in retaliation. "Ass."

But Marcus kept laughing until she spoke again. "You know, I never went to prom," She confessed. 

"How come?"