My phone started ringing, but I ignored it.

"You still haven't told Ethan the truth yet. He'll find out eventually and you're not going to like it when he does." Sean said.

"Actually, for your information, I tried to tell Ethan the truth, but he told me something before I could,"

Sean rose a brow slightly.

"He's seen the rose and he touched it-"

Sean cut me off, "he did what?"

"I don't know, he didn't really go into detail-"

"Do you realize what he's done?" Sean asked sternly.

"You better hope to God that Ethan didn't prick his finger on it." Sean added.

"So what am I supposed to do? Just leave? That won't solve anything." I said.

"It'll give us time to come up with a plan."

Sean was already irritated, so I didn't say anything. Even though he wants to find another solution, I don't trust him.

Something wasn't right with Sean. He went from being a concerned friend to straight up lying to me. Not to mention Ethan saying that Sean could have something to do with that missing kid.

I not sure what changed between these few months, but the truth would come out eventually.

^^^ Ethan's pov

Almost four hours later and I still haven't heard from Mark. I was starting to get a little worried, so I grabbed my keys and got in my car.

Maybe he's just at the shop and his phone died?

Why am I even so obsessed with the fact that he's gone? He's probably just at the store or something.

Regardless, I pulled out of the driveway and headed towards Cloak.

When I got there, Sean's car was there along with a few others. Mark's was nowhere to be found.

I opened the door to the shop, marveling at the cool clothes on the racks.

I spotted Sean at the front of the store. He was helping a costumer check out a few items.

Sean spotted me, a weird expression coming to his face. It was almost like a scowl.

"Hey, I was just wondering if you've heard from Mark at all? He was here last night but when I woke up he was gone."

Sean shrugged, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Nope, I just assumed he was with you. I'm sure he's fine, don't worry about it."

The tone in his voice made me even more on edge, but I shrugged it off.

He ran a hand through his brown hair, not paying anymore attention to me. While he was doing that I noticed a few small red lines on his arm.

My brows furrowed slightly, "did you scratch yourself or something?" I questioned, my own hands ghosting over my neck where I had scratched myself that one night.

Sean glanced down at his arm, seeing the marks and then hiding his arm out of my line of sight.

"Oh, um, I was unpacking some new shipments and I scratched myself. It's no big deal." Sean said, obviously lying.

I hesitantly nodded, "o...kay, well if you see Mark, give me a call." I said before leaving, sparing one more glances Sean's way.

I swear something was wrong with Sean. First the blood in his hotel room, the purple shirt, the shift in his personality..

It was all... odd.. to say the least.

^^^

I went downstairs to watch some tv and think over some things went I noticed a notebook open on the counter.

I don't know how I didn't see this here before

I recognized it as Mark's. He carried this notebook around everywhere. I always just assumed he was writing things for his job.

I was just going to close it and go about it day, but I noticed my name amongst the countless other words.

With my interest piqued, I picked up the notebook and read the section where my name was mentioned multiple times.

I faintly smiled at what he wrote about me.

He was writing about when we went to the pool at night.

He wrote about my eyes and my smile. He talked about how happy he was that our feelings were mutual. It made me so happy to know how much he liked me.

My smile faltered once he started talking about that weird thing that happened that night.

How everything went cold and there was a suffocating static in the air. He heard a voice that sounded like Sean's say something to him.

I remember him freaking out..but I didn't know this happened.

And then something even weirder happened...

He mentioned Dark.

The way he wrote about it made it seem like Dark was him—or at least a part of him.

How could that be possible though?

Him and Dark are completely different people—at least personality wise.

At the end of the entry Mark briefly mentions needing to get rid of  "the boxes full of my old journals and tapes in the basement"

I looked up, the basement door barely visible from where I was.

What could possibly be in those other journals and tapes?

And how much does Mark have to do with Dark?

DUN DUN DUUUN