Chapter Twenty-Two

Start from the beginning

"Wow, nice house," he said looking around. "It's really quiet in here; where are the twins?"

"They're asleep."

"What happened Sophia?" he said, looking at me in the eyes. "And don't even think about lying to me and saying that everything is good, because we both know that it isn't."

So I sat down and told him everything, from the flowers right down to what the kids had told me, and cried about. Alex sat there, holding me and comforting me while I cried my eyes out. I didn't even realise when I felt asleep in Alex's warm arms on the couch.

_

"Sophia! Sophia!"

I groaned, and squinted my eyes, rubbing it. I tried to sit up, but I noticed that a muscular arm was placed over my waist, restricting my movements. I felt so exhausted and my head was pounding from crying myself to sleep last night- something I hadn't done for years now.

I heard another groan from Alex, whom I was sleeping on top of as he stirred. Sitting up, I noticed that I was still on the couch, sleeping on top of Alex while he held me tightly in his warm embrace.

"Oh."

My head snapped towards the sound, and I was surprised to find out that it was Chase, who was currently glaring at Alex while jealousy and anger rolled off of him in waves. If looks could kill, Alex would be six feet under right now.

"Who's this?" Chase spat, looking at Alex in disgust.

"Alex, wake up," I shook him, trying to wake him up.

"Go to sleep Soph, it's still early morning," he groaned, placing his arms over his eyes to stop the light from the windows from getting into his eyes.

"Alex. Get up right now. Chase is here," I shouted, pushing him away. For some reason, I felt so guilty to be in the arms of another man in front of my mate. Why was I feeling like this? Damn, the mating bond.

Like a flash, Alex sat up and his eyes widened. He hated Chase because he hated everything he had done to me. I knew Alex would be there to protect me, but Chase wouldn't hurt me . . .physically anyways, as it would hurt his wolf too much to inflict any pain on his mate.

Alex tightened his grip on my waist, causing Chase to growl. Maybe he knows now how I felt seeing him with Nicole. He was in a full make-out session with Nicole in front of me while Alex was just holding my waist and yet he was acting like I was having a relation with Alex. Hypocrite much?

"Who is he?" growled Chase, trying to fight his wolf from coming out.

"Alex . . .my best friend, not that that's any of your business, of course."

"Everything to do with you or my children is my business. You're my mate! And this looks a little too cosy to just be friendship," he scoffed.

Just as I was about to say something, the twins came running out, probably because of hearing Chase's voice.

"Daddy!" Charis squealed, jumping onto Chase. "I thought you were never coming back here."

"Baby, I told you I would never leave you to be alone," he said, looking at me in the eyes. "I will always, always be there for you. I love you guys so much."

"We love you too Daddy," Charis said, hugging Chase very tightly.

"Uncle Alex!" Kaden said, running over to Alex and knocking his fist.

"I missed you Uncle Alex," Charis said, now giving a hug to Alex, who also hugged her back.

"I missed you guys too. I've got you guys presents when I went to England, and I think you'll love it. It's back home though, so when you guys come back, I'll give it to you, okay?"