✢ 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Start from the beginning

"Andromeda," whispered Druella, naming her after the constellation of the chained woman. There was fear in her eyes, for those who spot it. There was fear in Druella's eyes because she feared what life might throw on her secondborn child.

The third birth started when Druella was having tea with her brother-in-law while her husband was away on a business trip.

"How are Bellatrix and Andromeda?" asked her brother-in-law.

"They are having fun playing outside with Gisley and Tonsy," said Druella as she looked out the window just to make sure. Just as she said those words, she felt something.

Gisley and Tonsy were both female house-elves that looked out for the two Black daughters when their parents were unable to.

This time, Druella was twenty-one when she gave birth to her third daughter.

This time, the pregnancy was easier than the other two previous pregnancies. Maybe it was finally a boy that would make her husband happy!

Yet, when Alphard gave carried the child to her with a small smile on his lips, she knew that this was no boy.

"Congratulations on yet another daughter," said Alphard with a true smile.

There was a difference between Alphard and Cygnus Black that Druella knew very well. Although they were brothers, they acted completely differently. Cygnus was always someone who followed rules and traditions while Alphard was always someone who did not care as long as he was happy.

Druella tried to calm her crying, beautiful child.

"Narcissa," she whispered, hoping it would have the same effect as it did when Bellatrix was born but it did not. The female child continued to cry her beautiful wails.

The last pregnancy Druella could ever experience was a very different pregnancy. Everyone hoped that it was a male heir, but Druella knew that it was yet another daughter. Yet, she also knew there was something different about this child of hers. Maybe because she had a hypothesis it would be her final child with Cygnus Black III.

There were no words to describe the pregnancy nor the childbirth, but there were words that could describe the results until the last point.

When her final child came to the world, Druella smiled as she held her with tears running down her eyes as the midwife told her she developed a disease that would kill her soon before she could even think of trying again.

"You heard that, baby? You are going to be the youngest," whispered Druella with a sad smile on her face.
She did not want to leave her children, but she could not wait for the day when she will be rid of the wizarding world's standards of being a proper wife. She did not want to leave her children, but she could not wait for the day she dies. That was when she would finally be set free.

"Lilith Lucille Black, the youngest daughter," whispered Druella.

When that day came, about a year after Lilith's birth, Druella got to say some final words to her daughters. She decided she wanted to talk to each one separately, one by one. She wanted to talk to them by their order, from eldest to youngest.

Bellatrix Octavia Black was first. She was the eldest of the daughters at almost nine.

"Mother..." said young Bellatrix as she came closer. "What is happening?"

"You don't have to worry about it, Bellatrix. Just promise me one thing, darling," said Druella as she held her firstborn's hand.

Bellatrix nodded. "Anything for you."