✢ 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

"ʸ ᶜʰᵃᵍᵉ, ᵉᵛᵉ ᶜʰᵃᵍᵉ ᶠᵒʳ ᵗʰᵉ ᵇᵉᵗᵗᵉʳ, ⁱˢ ᵃˡʷᵃʸˢ ᵃᶜᶜᵒᵐᵖᵃⁱᵉᵈ ᵇʸ ⁱˢᶜᵒᵐᶠᵒʳᵗˢ."
ᴬʳᵒˡᵈ ᴮᵉⁿⁿᵉᵗ

✮ ✢ ✮ ✢ ✮

The Black family had four children. Druella Black, priorly Druella Rosier before her marriage to Cygnus Black III, had four different experiences with labor. All four deliveries gave four different results.

When Druella Black was pregnant for the first time at the mere age of fourteen, everyone was ecstatic. It was quite widespread for women to be married and pregnant at a young age in the wizarding world back then. Yet, the reason they were euphoric was not for the reason that Druella was pregnant, but for the reason that she succeeded in her role as a wife.

The role of the wife in marriage back then was to tend to domestic matters such as cleaning and taking care of children. The most important part of that role in the wizarding world was for the woman to bear a male child, an heir. Every wizarding family needed an heir to continue living in existence, yet not every wizarding family would be so lucky.

The first child of Cygnus Black III was born around a month before his wife would turn fifteen. Unfortunately for the wizarding world, Druella Black has not yet succeeded in completing her role as the wife. It was all due to the fact that the firstborn was a daughter.

Nonetheless, Druella cried the moment her crying daughter was in her arms.

Druella had a gift, you see. She was known as a person who could easily read people and that is why no one could lie to her. She could sniff out the truth from the lies or the lie from the truths immediately with some observation.
When she looked at her firstborn, one that did not open her eyes yet, Druella knew that her daughter was going to be a warrior. Someone who would know exactly what to fight for.

"Bellatrix," she whispered to the child who stopped crying once they heard their given name.

In her second birth, Druella hoped that her second child is a boy if only to make her husband smile when they give him the child. Unfortunately, whatever Cygnus wishes for will not always happen.

In her second birth, Druella Black was not able to turn nineteen before the baby decided it has had enough. In her second birth, Druella had just returned from her sister-in-law's manor when her water decided to break.

"CYGNUS! GET THE MIDWIFE!"

Her second childbirth was harder than the first. Druella almost thought that some kind of force was forcing the baby out when it was not yet ready to experience life. When it was over and Cygnus saw the child, Druella could see that he was not smiling.

Druella already knew the answer. Their second child was not a male heir, but yet another girl.

When handed the child, Druella observed that her second daughter looked a lot like her first daughter. Druella noticed how the child in her arms was not crying as if it was taking orders and doing them in silence.