Chapter 7

Leonardo's POV:

Mat and I talked for hours and we had a lot in common, he was just a few years older than me. I was worried he had work today but he told me since we bought all the liquor from the club it would take a week to restock so he was free for the time being.

We talked about anime and movies, our dreams and I showed him a few of my fashion sketches, well I did most of the talking and he listened adding his share here and there and it was great until we started on our parent's then it suddenly came back to me that Mathieu told me he was an Orphan.

I sucked my teeth mid-story.

"Is something wrong?"

"I just remembered something Mathieu told me about you told and I'm inconsiderately talking about parents."

"Oh about me being an Orphan, don't worry about it I'm used to it."

He looked sad at my words.

"Okay change of topic what do you do in a day?" He quickly changed the topic.

"I go to school then I do homework and go to work," I said realizing my life is pretty uneventful.

"You don't hang out with friends?"

"I see them every night and work so....."

"Oh your friends from school work at the club too"

"It's the only job you can get without a resume"

"Is it Illegal?"

"Of course it is but the cops don't care as long as we pay them not to report it"

"So when we filmed the whole night yesterday your face was even more on the internet, t could create trouble for you in the future, I'll ask my friends to delete the videos."

"Don't worry about it I had fake tattoos and makeup and extensions on no one will recognize me"

"oh that's good then, oh I almost called Mathieu your name today you guys look similar"

"Yeah our names don't help either, Mathieu and Mathias, gifts from God" I chuckled brushing it off quickly.

"Oh so that's your name, Mathias, it suits you, wouldn't say Mathieu is a gift though I apologized for what I did wrong today and he left me on read"

"What did you do wrong? "

"I stereotyped Orphan's saying you didn't seem like one."

'Let me guess I'm not delinquent and unapproachable enough "I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah that's what I thought but with his scolding, I'm seeing it from a new perspective"

"That's good not everyone deals with loss, in the same way, you should get to know people Mathieu hates being grouped"

"What about you?"

"I hate it too, people see me as easy because I'm a tripper and friendly with all the customers, pretty sure you the being grouped as a rich asshole"

"Yeah I get that a lot sometimes I think that's the only reason people are nice to me"

"Hey for what's it worth you have a great personality."

"Thanks"

"It's approaching the witching hour and if you don't want to hear some gunshots in the night I suggest we end the call now." Mat suggested.

"I don't mind" I responded.

"That cute but we both have school tomorrow"

"Oh yeah "I looked at the clock and saw 2 am.

"Yeah bye, talk to you another time."

"Yeah, how about Friday?"

"Yeah works for me"

We said going night and went to bed; pretty sure I was smiling in my sleep.

Mathieu's POV:

This little brat, I'm the best thing to happen on the face of this earth, I scored a ninety-five on the beauty meter when I was 13, I got braces to fix my teeth I bet I'll be off the charts now.

*sigh*

I guess that punk isn't a total asshole he's just pretty sheltered from the outside world, probably everything he knows about lower-class people is from whatever the people in his circle said and the internet. I went to bed making a note to myself to remember picking up my artwork tomorrow; I could leave it in the car since it's ours.

*next day*

I picked up everyone before going to school, dropping my little brother off first since he gushed over the car. We pulled up into the schoolyard and parked in the underground garage. Leo had texted me that he reserved a spot for us there. We took the elevator up to the first floor and went our separate ways.

I walked into the Literature classroom taking my usual seat at the back of the class. Leonardo walked in and scanned the room spotting me and waved and I gave him a weird glance but waved back anyway. Ivan walked in behind him and questioned about our little greeting exchange. Leo whispered in his ear and he put his hand over his mouth but soon smirked when he finished talking and looked at me with a mischievous look in his eye.

Don't tell me he's after Mat too, I need to start looking less attractive I'm attracting all kinds of crappy people lately; I already got old greasy Maze. Ms Sarah entered the room and began her lesson, her classes were always nice and her voice was very expressive when reading. The book we'll be starting this year is Love In the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

"It was inevitable: the scent of bitter almonds always reminded him of the fate of unrequited love."

I pulled over m hoodie and slouched in my chair as I focused on her voice.

Visualising each scene as she read, I was smart but I get bored reading books I easily fall asleep, textbooks are different but a page with no colour and a bunch of words gets tiring to start at.