"Thank you for everything you've done for me."

"Any time if need be. Bye Lisa."

"Sleep well, Rosie."

Lisa's gaze followed the car until she couldn't see it anymore and she finally turned back around and walked into her office building. She joined the two still arguing and cleared her throat.

"Mind telling me what this is about?"

"Ms. Manoban… I mean Lisa." Jackson started and corrected himself immediately at Lisa's glare. "We have received notification that Michelle has been released from custody."

"I hadn't thought they were able to hold her much longer than a couple of hours." Lisa answered in surprise at the serious tone of her advisor's voice.

"Why is this worrisome?"

"It's not per se, Jackson here just thought of assembling a little army to keep you safe."

"That won't be needed. I doubt she'll hurt me."

"You can never be too careful." Jackson interrupted.

"I don't want to draw more attention to myself than I already have. Jackson, I appreciate your concern, but I'll handle my own security if needed."

"As you wish. Let me know if I can be of help."

"Retire for the night. We'll meet up tomorrow morning and discuss the changes."

"Very well. Good night."

Veron watched him leave with a tight-lipped smile.

"I'm not sure his unease is uncalled for. Ms. Lee is dangerous."

"She won't hurt me." Lisa repeated and huffed in disbelief.

"Just take no risks." Veron pleaded.

"Have you booked your own hotel or will you stay with me at the penthouse?" She changed the subject unwilling to discuss the matter any longer.

"I don't have a room."

"Ok, well then let's go." Lisa pushed her godmother towards the exit and stopped at the security guard. "Henry, thank you for your work tonight." She said and smiled at him.

"No problem Lisa. Have a good night after everything that's happened today. Please trust me to keep your premises safe."

"Thanks. It's greatly appreciated." Lisa answered thankfully and waved him goodbye.

"I think…" Veron started when they reached Lisa's car and personal chauffeur. "You can start to look for apartments soon." She climbed into the back of the car.

"Um, why do you say that?" Lisa looked at her sceptically when she settled next to her.

"Really?" Veron raised an eyebrow in amusement. "I don't think you and Roseanne want to start a long-distance relationship if you can easily move to her town."

"No one said anything about moving or a relationship…" Lisa drawled uncomfortably. "To the hotel please."

"Of course not, but I'm sure that's where it's heading. You two look gorgeous together and after today I'm sure you know you can trust her 100 percent to not play with you." She watched her goddaughter for a moment, before adding. "Besides, it's obvious she really likes you. Maybe more than just likes." She winked at her implication.

"I don't think you should assume anything."

"I don't, I just have eyes. So anyway, how are you going to proceed?"