"Was?" Roseanne asked hopeful.

"Yes past. After what happened today, I'm more concerned whether I can trust the people who work for me than what they think about my private life."

"Ok." She nodded and smiled shyly. "So a date tomorrow then?"

"Yes please. Can I pick you up? At seven?" Roseanne swallowed at the intensity of the honey-coloured eyes trained on her.

"Ok." She breathed. She would have agreed to anything if Lisa looked at her like that. "I'll text you my address." She added with a smile.

"Perfect." Lisa kissed her hand chivalrously. "I'll see you tomorrow. Hope you have a good day."

"I'll be flying in the morning, but I guess you know that."

"Actually, no. I'm not doing the detailed planning." Lisa laughed. "I've only been directly involved at Christmas."

Roseanne grinned at that. "Very smooth move by the way."

"I did my best." Lisa smiled back and pulled Roseanne by her hand towards her. "It seemed to have worked."

"Oh yeah…." She leaned closer, lips ghosting over plump counterparts. "It definitely worked." She winked and stopped herself from closing the gap, eyes trained at Lisa's mouth.

"Ok." It was all Lisa could manage before she needed to taste her again, their last kiss had been too long ago. It was calm and soft, gently probing and utterly rewarding for all the trouble they had been through to reach this stage. "Mmm, I could get addicted to kissing you." She mumbled after awhile, breaking the kiss, wiping longingly over red lips. "You're breath-taking, Roseanne." She admitted.

"So are you." She kissed her once more, her tongue probing into a welcoming mouth.

"It's late." Lisa panted. "You want me to call you a taxi?" She wanted to keep doing what they were doing, but she felt her resolve crumbling away. She didn't want to rush into anything with Roseanne. She wanted them to have a chance at something real and not just a rushed hormonal satisfaction.

"Yes please." Roseanne answered breathlessly, understanding the need for Lisa to tone it down. Ultimately they were in her office, which although late, still buzzed with people due to the day's events.

They finally separated their bodies from one another and Lisa opened the door for Roseanne and followed her with her mobile in her hand calling for transportation.

"When will you be able to leave?" Roseanne asked quietly once the phone was stored away.

"I don't know." Lisa looked around, seeing Veron and Jackson talking animatedly with each other.

"That looks interesting." She gestured to the two.

"Let me know if you need help smoothing the waters. People listen to me."

"That's a generous offer. Maybe we can talk about that later? Your cab is here."

Roseanne looked over her shoulder to confirm.

"So…" She drawled, when she turned back to face
Lisa. "I don't think you're a big fan of PDA, right?"

"For now." Lisa smiled in relief. She had worried how to approach the topic.

"Alright." Roseanne nodded with a smile. She had expected this. At the end of the day, Lisa was the boss, and an overly physical expression of their feelings for each other seemed inappropriate.

"Thanks for giving us a try." She grinned cheekily and touched Lisa's shoulder, before running her hand down the length of her arm to shortly squeeze her hand.