"Hey." She pointed to the stack of newspaper, advertisement and letters on Jennie's couch table.

"Look what was in the post." She fished for the beige coloured envelope with the LM Airline logo printed on it and held it out to her friend. "You guys made such a big deal out of it, I'm surprised you haven't open it yet."

"Irene brought it upstairs. Must have been delivered this morning."

She tore the paper open and carefully extracted the card out of its confines. It was red with lots of different winter and Christmas related symbols such as snowmen and flakes, candles and socks, a Santa hat and a church window.

"Well, that's modern." Roseanne pointed out.

"Yeah, what happened to baby Jesus in his crib?" Irene laughed.

"Shut up and read morons."

At the close of this challenging and turbulent year I gratefully pause to wish you a warm and happy Christmas. My sincere gratefulness goes to all of you for your goodwill and loyalty throughout this confusing time.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. See you all in the New Year.

L. Manoban

"Wow, that's kind." Irene mumbled.

"Well the email already proved their benevolence." Roseanne pointed out.

"It's nice to hear, but -" Jennie slapped the card back on the table and pointed at Roseanne. "Don't think for a minute I hadn't sniffed out your change of topic. Come on Park. You and Lisa?"

Roseanne smiled bashfully, but shook her head pulling her mouth in a thin line, before saying. "No, for now I'll be keeping this to myself."

The trio bickered for a few more minutes, but Roseanne wouldn't tell them anything. Although Lisa had never said to remain silent about it, the blonde felt it was a sensitive subject and she didn't
want to damage Lisa's trust.

They eventually relaxed on the couch with their snacks and enjoyed the evening together.

....

The days until Christmas just vanished in a blur for Lisa. She had been busy with profit calculations and salary amendments as well as board meetings and future advertisement campaigns.

She had not been able to fly anywhere and therefore had not seen Roseanne at all. It had only been four days, but Lisa missed her. The blonde had messaged her and had asked if she was ok, because she hadn't been scheduled for any flights. Lisa had smiled at the concern and had called her instead of writing back. They had talked for a little while, mainly Roseanne complaining about rude passengers and Lisa letting her rant, but eventually the flight attendant had had to go. Lisa couldn't wait to see her.

....

Christmas day finally came around and she got up way too early for her own liking, but the only air traffic control slot she had been able to secure for her flight was at six in the morning. She went through her routine, donned her uniform and made her way over to the airport. She'd only organised two flights for the Airline today; one to Honolulu, for people who liked it warm and one to New York for the opposite reason. The Honolulu-Crew had been luckier; the flight had been scheduled at ten in the morning. Lisa envied them for the longer rest, but overall she had always liked the winter more for Christmas, and growing up in Boston had brought a lot of snowy holidays. She was looking forward to being in the cold again.

She walked down the gangway to their airplane and spotted her favourite person crouching in front of a row of trolleys checking the contents.

"Hi Roseanne." Lisa slowly walked towards her with a bright smile. "Merry Christmas."