“Do you know anything about it?” Roseanne asked Lisa who was gulping down her water. She needed something stronger if she wanted to survive the inquisitive blonde.

“She might have told me about it?”

“Who does she know? Is she friends with Lee?”

“Who would be friends with Michelle Lee?” Lisa blurted out at the absurdity of the statement. “This woman is as cold as ice.”

“Do you know her too?”

Lisa looked like a deer caught in the headlights at being stupid again around Roseanne. This woman will find out about her sooner than later, Lisa was convinced. She bit her lip and thought about an explanation, following Roseanne’s eyes to her mouth. She cleared her throat and the dark brown orbs focused back on her own.

“I met her at my interview. She was impersonal and distanced, hence my ice comment.” Lisa smiled before adding. “Would you like another drink?”

Roseanne narrowed her eyes but decided it wasn’t worth it and nodded affirmatively. “Thank you.” She watched Lisa walk over to the bar and sighed internally. “Irene? Something is off here. Did you notice?”

“What?”

“Have you been paying attention at all?”

“Nope. I’m texting with Seulgi.” At Roseanne’s confused glare she clarified. “The bartender in Honolulu.”

“Oh!” The blonde exclaimed. “I wasn’t aware you guys were still in contact.”

“Still and it’s nice.” She smiled.

“Great I’ll be the only one watching the ball drop on my own. Jennie’s got Jisoo, you got the bartender…”

“You could ask Lisa.”

“I don’t know.” Roseanne sighed again looking over to the bar where Lisa was still busy with ordering. She turned back to Irene and told her about the previous night.

“So? She wanted to come but couldn’t make it on time. No biggie.” Irene tried to calm her friend.

“I just don’t know where we stand I guess.”

“Ask her.”

“Ask whom?” Lisa questioned whilst putting down the drink for Roseanne who looked shocked to see her.

“No one.” She quickly answered turning bright red in embarrassment.

“Well Lisa.” Irene started but Roseanne got up immediately and interrupted.

“Do you want to dance?”

Lisa looked from one to the other, noticing the cheeky smirk on Irene’s face and the nervous twitch in Roseanne’s posture, but didn’t elaborate on either. Instead, she took the outstretched hand into her own and led the owner of the limb to the dance floor.

***

They met up with Jennie and Jisoo and danced for a few songs until a slower number came on and the couple turned towards each other, leaving them alone.

“Do you want to go back?” Lisa asked tentatively almost shyly and the walls around Roseanne’s heart cracked a little more.

“Or we could just enjoy the dance?” She offered instead holding out her arms for Lisa to step into her embrace. They had never been that close to each other since they had met, but neither felt weird about it. Lisa pulled her closer and took one of Roseanne’s hands into hers and her other came to rest on the blonde’s lower back. They swayed a little to the soft melody. Lisa looked over at Jisoo and grimaced at the other woman’s thumb up, before returning her gaze back to the woman in her arms.