"I just need my phone."

"Okay." And with that, I've pulled out of the driveway and am driving to Vegas.

●●●

Bella's quiet snores fill the car as I continue to drive us through Washington.

I feel myself tiring as well, considering I've been driving for around 7 hours.

After a while, I pull off to the side- promising to only take a 30 minute nap. I don't think in that amount of time James will find us and suck us dry.

I position myself so that I'm leaning on the car door opposite to Bella- and then I drift into a light sleep.

"Y/N! Y/N!" A loud tapping fills my ears as I start to wake.

I look up to see Seth, shirtless, his eyes closed tightly.

"Seth?" I respond, opening the car door. At this, Bella wakes, rubbing her eyes and looking around.

Once Seth knows I'm awake, he turns toward the forest on one side of the road, away from me.

"Seth? What in the world are you doing?" I ask.

"I don't want to look at you." He says, setting his shoulders.

"Ouch." I joke.

"I phased. And I don't want to be dissapointed if.. if you.."

"Why are you here, Seth?" Bella asks from behind me.

"They need you two at the battle. Something big is going on and they won't tell me anything except that you need to be there."

"But didn't Edward tell us to leave?" She retorts.

"Edward was wrong."

"As per usual." Bella scoffs.

"So, what, how are we going to get there?" I ask.

"You guys are going to go.. on me."

●●●

"

Y/N! Bella!" Edward is the first to call out to us as we near the Cullen's house.

He rushes toward us, his arms wrapping around me. I freeze.

"We need to talk." He mutters to me. I don't respond, pulling away from him.

"Y/N!" Jasper pulls me to the side.

"There's a lot I need to tell you. I'm keeping a blanket of calm over everyone- but I don't think I'll be able to keep it up much longer considering more people are showing up." He tells me hurriedly.

"Jasper, what is going on?" I ask him.

"James is alive, as you know. He's been plotting revenge for his lost mate, determined to kill you.. and possibly Bella as well. We're not sure. But he's acquired a team of Newborn Vampires." He says.

"You don't know what that means, do you?" I shake my head lightly.

"When us vampires are first turned.. we're incredibly strong. Stronger than.. usual." I can tell that this subject is touchy, his voice faintly trembles and I feel my current calm state wavering.

"With a whole band of manipulated newborns that are set to kill one person.. there's little that can stop them."

He shoots a few looks around us, finally pulling up his sleeves. I gasp, taking a look at all the teeth imprints on his arms. They are long since healed, as I can tell, but I still shiver when I see them. I put a hand on his forearm.

"Jaz.." I mutter, completely appalled by this and how much it must have hurt.

"This is what they can do to people, Y/N. We don't want this for you. But we can't have you isolated." I can tell he wants to tell me more, but Edward steps in.

"Y/N. We need to talk."

A/N I'm so, so sorry that my posting schedule has been kind of messed up. The last few weeks have been really hard and to be honest I don't really have motivation to do anything. But thank you guys so much for your support- hopefully things will be back to normal soon.