Chapterish 62

SPA THE DAY AWAY

We retreat up the paved walkway, guided by the sounds of music blasting and people laughing. The boys?

I must cringe, or at the very least look anxious, since Meg starts shaking her head.

"It's not the boys," she says.

Just then Whit and Lauren step onto the second-story terrace that overlooks the Grecian style pool.

"EM!" Lauren shouts.

"Hi Emmy," Whit calls down.

"Are they-?"

"Already drunk? Yup." Meg says, swinging an arm around me.

"Come up, sexy. We got your robe!" Lauren laughs.

"We're coming up!" Trix says, quickening her step.

"We're pouring the mimosas!" Whit screams over Glass Animals.

Trix takes us up a back staircase and Meg disappears down the hall to plug her phone in. I take in the 27 rooms we pass and honestly cannot believe this isn't some boujee hotel.

"This is you, Emmy." Trix pushes open a wide door to reveal a room that, well, is the size of my entire loft.

The walls are white, the bed is white, the furniture -all white. Like it's one luxurious cloud. The most colorful thing is a frilly green tropical plant occupying the far corner.

"It's not entirely an ocean view, but there's this little balcony, and you can catch the side of the cliffs and, huh, there is some ocean."

I step onto the balcony after Trix and damn.

"It's spectacular, bitch. Quasi-ocean views and all."

It's a little too spectacular. a little too romantic for my new refined palate. At least I can relate to the waves crashing against the cliffs.

"Nate says they'll just meet us at the restaurant," Meg says, reappearing in the doorway to my new digs.

"Hope they don't cut it too close," Trix frowns.

"Sure they will," Whit says, her glossy brown hair looks silkier than her robe.

"Yours," Lauren says, hand out-stretched.

"Thanks."

I take the burnt coral robe from Lauren and walk over to the edge of my bed.

"You have a bathroom," Meg says, plopping down on my bed. "Through there."

"Course I do," I mumble.

I pull my hair into a messy bun and begin undressing for spa day. I take the white flipflops Trix holds out.

"So," I say.

"So." She urges.

"Boys are out golfing somewhere." She rolls her eyes.

"Golfing? Our boys?"

"Well, they're trying to golf. When in Florida," Trix says, shrugging. "It's basically their version of a spa day."

"Fair enough, but I'll take the pedi please." I say, stripping off my shirt.

"And yes, before you ask. He did grace us with his presence."

"I wasn't going to," I say.

"He's -different. I don't even know how, just that he is," Trix says, looking concerned.

"This weekend isn't about him. Or me. Or us. Or Travis," I grin. "It's all about you. You're getting fucking married, babe."

"I am, aren't I? Eee!" Trix squeals.

I pull off my bra and, turning my back to Trix, I catch a glimpse of the wywh scrawled across the back of my neck. The tattoo hurts a little extra lately.

I close my eyes, shaking my head vigorously. No drama today, not on spa day.

Whit hands me a strawberry mimosa, complete with floating hibiscus flower.

"Did you pluck this from the trellis?" I ask, looking at it skeptically.

"Of course not," Whit says, faking offense.

"She picked it from the floor," Lauren joins in.

"What!" I say, stopping mid-sip.

"It's just for the aesthetic," White says, laughing. "You don't eat it."

I roll my eyes but still drink the soiled mimosa anyway.

"OKAY! Listen up!" Trix announces to everyone crowded in my little suite. "Now that we're all here, let pre-wedding spa day commence!"

We all cheers, and I realize why they're all halfway to drunk at 9 AM. Whit's mimosas are basically rosé with a splash of strawberry puree, so it checks out. I sip it from the brim, already feeling it relax me.

"Mani-Pedi first, then I'm thinking hair wraps. Oo, I got this new juice cleanse that's mega yum. We can make it into smoothies," Trix says.

"No boys." Lauren shimmies in her robe. "I'm so ready to rosé the day away."

"Spa the day away," Trix says.

"I kinda like the first one better," I whisper to Meg.