Chapter Six: The Need for Speed

Edited: 07/10/2022

Beau POV

All of us were outside, at the racetrack to see Sarah beat the World Speed Record.

"Ladies, and gentlemen, welcome today's Sarah Thompson will try to break the world's hoverboard speed record." The judge announced, as we clapped and cheered for Sarah. "You'll take one lap around the track, if you beat the current record this trophy is yours. Get ready!" She said.

All of us cheered for Sarah. Sarah started riding her hoverboard very fast.

"There's someone else on the track!" Brody said, as we saw another person on the track.

They both crossed the finish line, with Sarah behind the mysterious figure.

"That's a new world record. He beat the old record by a full ten seconds." The judge said. "Who is that mystery man?" She asked.

"It's me victor Vincent." Victor said, as he came out. Victor went toward the stage, and took the trophy. "I did it! I've finally won my fiftieth trophy!" He said, and the crowd cheered.

"Victor is the undisputed champ!" Monty said.

"I'm sorry you weren't the one to break the speed record, Sarah." Brody said.

"Man that Victor, he'll do anything to get a trophy." Calvin said.

{𝙳𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙻𝙾𝙿}

All of us are now at school, we were all around the pool table, except for Sarah who is working on something.

"I missed again!" Calvin said.

"You'll get it, Cal. Come on, Sarah. It's your shot." Brody told her, and all of us look over to Sarah.

"Ah, can somebody shoot for me? Please, I need to finish this." Sarah said, as she continue working on something.

"Uh, Sarah?" Liam asked.

"Yeah." Sarah said.

"What are you doing?" Levi asked.

All of us went towards Sarah.

"I am working on a new airfoil suit. It'll reduce my wind drag." Sarah said.

"Oh, right. So you can break the speed record." Hayley said.

"Exactly." Sarah said.

There was a sudden cheer, we saw some people carrying Victor, and there were even confetti.

Sarah broke her pencil.

"Aw, a perfectly good pencil wasted." I said.

"Autographs in the classroom. Oh, hello, someone's jealous." Victor said, as he saw Sarah.

"Victor." Sarah starts, and she stood up. Levi back away a bit, while also pulling Liam with him. "Once I'm finished with my airfoil suit, your record will be toast." She told him.

"Listen slow-poke, this trophy is mine." Victor said.

"Not for long." Sarah said, and she walked away.

{𝙳𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙻𝙾𝙿}

I was sitting at the back of Calvin's car with Preston and Hayley.

Liam was sitting at the back of Brody's car with Brody and Levi. Him and Levi were holding hands.

"Uh, hey guys." Calvin said, and he came over. "Um, she's putting on her new racing suit before she tests it. So, it will be about another minute or so." He said.