"Ain't you glad it didn't?" She said as skipped down the stairs.

"Perra."  He muttered bitterly looking up to see Tobias cover up a smirk.

~~~

The rest of the day was spent with the Alvaro repeating the same questions and sending the bottle to the hospital while he convinced Eniola that his sources were reliable. As expected, the court also ordered that she did a test, different from Alvaro's independent one.

Tobias being an chronic overthinker had his mind on other things.

He could not stop thinking about what Varo had told him.

What if it was really another Rebecca issue? 

He was not ready to seek the help of his very willing family again. He had lost too much the first time.

He could see it in Varo's eyes; he couldn't wait to get on another mission even with what the last one had cost him. His lawyer cover was boring him. The slightest sheen of mischief or trouble excited his friend.

And him? He didn't think he was ready to go through it again. He didn't want the restlessness and inability to sleep with two eyes closed.

He would very much prefer it was just a coincidence and let Eniola go to prison than allow what would happen to happen if it was indeed another Rebecca case.

"Hello? Tobi?" Warm fingers tapped his cheek,  tearing him from his thoughts.

"Oh, I was a bit carried away. What were you talking about?" He forced himself to smile at the woman who was wearing the shirt he had worn the first time he arrived.

He had wanted to throw it away as it was rumpled and for some reason, the powder never came off but Eniola had wanted to keep it.

"I was talking about Francine, my best friend." She frowned a bit due to his lack of attention. "She heard what happened and has been trying to reach me. Same as Kent. You know Deanna didn't call to say shit? And it was her fucking party." Tobias almost cringed at the cursing but nodded, feeling her adjust her weight on him.

Kent again.

Most of her body was now on him as they laid in his room.

He tried his best not to think much of it.

"Have you tried calling her? Be the bigger person and call to see how she is doing. Hear what she has to say about her... Indifference about your situation?" He suggested, his mind not completely comprehending her situation.

"I guess you're right,  I'll call her tomorrow."  She nodded, looking at the long forgotten movie playing on the television then snuggling into him.

"Your heart is beating so fast though. You good?" She asked him, gently dragging her fingers across his stomach.

He was not alright.

Especially with her being this close.  He also had a lot to think about. As usual.

"Yes, I'm good." He answered quietly then  shutting his eyes for a moment. He felt the woman lift her head from his chest.

"You're really pretty, Tobi." She said and laughed when his eyes fluttered open. This woman had always addressed him like he was female. "Especially your eyes."

He eventually got used to being called pretty, and beautiful and cute.

"Thanks?"

"I love you though. Do you still love me?" She asked still looking down at his relaxed features.