Prologue

"Well?" Jameson asked lamely with a raised eyebrow, breaking the awkward silence as they continued sitting motionless.

"Well, you kind of have to lean in, Jameson. Geez, you'd think this was your first kiss!" Jenny scoffed and rolled her eyes, causing James to glare in frustration.

"This is your 'kiss deal', shouldn't you be the one to move in?"

"Just because it's my 'deal' doesn't mean you don't have to do anything! A kiss goes both ways, no matter whose arrangement it may be."

Rolling his eyes as well, James lifted his hands before slowly and awkwardly placing them on Jenny's shoulders. "Fine. Just...hold still."

"Oh, how romantic." She spat sarcastically.

"I'm sorry, but your rude sarcasm isn't a very attractive color." He said through gritted teeth before taking another breath and slowly leaning forward. Jenny closed her eyes and waited for the moment of impact, but the only thing she felt was hollow air after seconds of silence.

"Any day now."

Suddenly, a loud groan echoed through the small truck as James' hand fell to his sides and he threw back his head in frustration. "That's it! You're just going to have to deal with your shitty first kiss because dealing with you right now is traumatizing me."

"No! Jameson, come on." Jenny begged and moved just a tad bit closer. "I'm sorry. I promise to shut up. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. I mean, you're obviously uncomfortable but sarcasm is my way of dealing with uncomfortable situations and I guess since I'm just piling on the sarcasm tonight it's probably a sign that I am just as nervous as you obviously are so-"

It has been said that a kiss is the best when it's completely unexpected, when there's no time to think, no time to debate or negotiate and at that moment, Jennifer Loren would have most definitely agreed. His hands remained softly placed against the side of her face as he slowly moved back, breaking the intense connection of their lips. He slowly began to lower his hands and turned to face out the windshield once again as an extremely uncomfortable silence filled the small space of the Buick Lesabre. He placed his hands on the steering wheel at the moment Jenny finally started to open her eyes. She slowly returned to her place on the passenger side of the car with that doe-eyed look still plastered perfectly across her face as she stared out the windshield.

"I'm hungry."